Facey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing I've noticed about Facey is that when he hits those elbow jumpers, he starts to assert himself much more on both ends.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Opting for 26-foot bombs.
I've come to the conclusion that Facey is the key player on the team.

Purvis runs hot and cold--Adams can be neutralized with a good zone. We never know what we're going to get from otehrs.

But I have confidence that if a team plays man against the Huskies, then Adams is going to go off.

If they play zone, then Facey needs to be the one who hurts them with offensive rebounds. Facey also shooting from that spot inside the key, along with Durham.

Teams are going to zone UConn all year to prevent Adams from going off. How can UConn hurt them? Facey is the only one.
After the shots made by Durham and Facey Syracuse adjusted the zone to take away the base line and the top of the key. They left the guards pretty wide open. The way to break the zone is to have three things - a strong face up player, a skilled shooter and passer from the top of the key, and at least one and preferably two players who can shoot better than 40% from beyond the 3.

Syracuse had no way of defending all three and decided to let UConn beat it from the outside which fortunately Rodney was able to deliver.

Reaction Score
There are about 25 times (minimum) per game where Facey gets open in the lane, calls for the ball, and gets ignored as the rock gets passed around the arc. That's the thing that frustrates me the most when he's on the floor.

joober c'mon 25 times? I mean he doesn't fight for position enough and doesn't know how to catch and shoot from that. He has shown the ability here and there but his best results are for offensive rebounds and put backs. I hope we can see a lot more of that game we saw Monday because he's certainly capable. But to throw it into to any of these guys too often is asking for more TO's which we don't need.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
His best game by far. and we really needed it.
Whatever happened to running a pick and pop through Facey? Ran it when he was a sophomore, but I can't remember the last time I saw it.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to running a pick and pop through Facey? Ran it when he was a sophomore, but I can't remember the last time I saw it.
Yeah I'd like to see some elbow jumpers from Facey, he's got the ability

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah I'd like to see some elbow jumpers from Facey, he's got the ability
I hope that they all make some shots and begin to relax a little during games (when on offense, no relaxing on defense). I would like to see Facey keep up the aggressive rebounding focus and get so he starts to make those shots he has been rushing and missing from close-in. I'd rather have Durham and Jackson flashing to the foul line against the zone, not Facey. But if Facey has a midrange jumper that is open, take it. At least a couple, then if he's missed, go back to rebounding like a tiger (tigers are very good rebounders).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm about to say this considering what I'd seen from him his first three seasons and his start to this year, but Facey seems to be our best option to flash to the foul line in the zone. Durham has the potential to be a monster there as well, but right now it's Facey.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm about to say this considering what I'd seen from him his first three seasons and his start to this year, but Facey seems to be our best option to flash to the foul line in the zone. Durham has the potential to be a monster there as well, but right now it's Facey.
Facey made a couple of jumpers, but I've yet to see him show the passing ability needed for that role. But hey, we certainly need more guys to broaden the range of what they do.

Reaction Score
One thing I've noticed about Facey is that when he hits those elbow jumpers, he starts to assert himself much more on both ends.

And he is fully capable of hitting those shots. We just don't get it into our big men often enough... It took going up against a zone in order for us to consistently get the ball to our bigs in the paint. And I was pretty pleased with what I saw, particularly with Facey and Durham.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
From the Register ... " Senior Kentan Facey had been battling a stomach virus for the past few days and threw up into a trash basket during two different timeouts, as well as at halftime."

Was it the Jerk Chicken from a NYC street vendor ?

Maybe it was the chicken nuggets from the same 7-11 where Shabazz (I'm Always Hungry!) Napier got sick before the Temple game during his senior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom