Facey expectations | The Boneyard

Facey expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Might be an ok 1st year player. But trust me based on this game, he could be real special if he stays 2-4 years. He's a little raw offensively, but I think Ollie and crew can help him with that. He's got a 7 foot wingspan and that helps him tremendously right off the bat with shot blocking, and in a year I could see him averaging over ten rebounds when he adds the strength. However for all we know he could gain a ton of mussle/weight over the summer (or once he meats the dairy bar :)), and be ready by his first year. All I know is I can't wait for a facey brima front court one day. I swear in a year or to if we add a couple of the top recruits we have been targeting next year............. CHAMPIONSHIP HEAR WE COME!!!. Ollie might literally be the fastest coach to win a NAT in NCAA history! Finally GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
i think he can be good with a serious college weightroom and diet program. started very poorly with his shots and hands, but had a great 4th. He could see some real bench time for a year or two.

he is not a poor mans lesie yet...

also love your energy man, but you are putting alot of weight on poor 1st year head coach ollie with all this national title stuff

Reaction Score
All we need him to do his freshman year is rebound, protect the rim, and know how to catch a lob. If he can do those things I think next years team can be extremely good.

Reaction Score
What "champs99and04" said. -- How does he compare to Chris Obekpa?

From a statistical standpoint.. I'd like him to average anywhere from 5-8 points.. 5-8 rebounds and 2-4 blocks..

H

Huskieforlife

i think he can be good with a serious college weightroom and diet program. started very poorly with his shots and hands, but had a great 4th. He could see some real bench time for a year or two.

also love your energy man, but you are putting alot of weight on poor 1st year head coach ollie with all this national title stuff
I'll admit i may have gotten carried away haha

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Don't dismiss the fact that his conditioning allowed him to outlast the competition in the fourth. One of his calling cards is a hight motor and that's a great building block to start with when a HS kid shows up on campus.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If he is the width of my index finger, we'll have problems. With that being said, why can't we get a guy like Jarnell Stokes?

caw

Reaction Score
If he is the width of my index finger, we'll have problems. With that being said, why can't we get a guy like Jarnell Stokes?

NCAAT ban this year? Not enough scholarships last year? I would bet UConn would have a kid like Stokes/Bennett/Harrell on the roster right now if those two factors weren't in play.

As for the future, Abu and/or Okafor are the two UConn is after that fit in that group.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd be happy with him averaging 4 points, 3 boards, and 1 block a game his first year. Wolf will be a senior next year and Nolan a sophomore. Olander will be a senior and Daniels a junior. Where do you really think this guy is going to get PT? NO idea how good Nolan will be, but if Wolf is the starting 5, and Nolan is a competent backup, Daniels will start at the 4. If Olander is the starting 5, then Wolf and Nolan will be backing them up. You think Facey will get PT ahead of Olander? Maybe he will be better than Nolan next year but I have no idea.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy with him averaging 4 points, 3 boards, and 1 block a game his first year. Wolf will be a senior next year and Nolan a sophomore. Olander will be a senior and Daniels a junior. Where do you really think this guy is going to get PT? NO idea how good Nolan will be, but if Wolf is the starting 5, and Nolan is a competent backup, Daniels will start at the 4. If Olander is the starting 5, then Wolf and Nolan will be backing them up. You think Facey will get PT ahead of Olander? Maybe he will be better than Nolan next year but I have no idea.
Eric,

I think we're kidding ourselves that our frontcourt will be good enough that there will be no minutes available for Facey if he's able to add the weight required to play in the Big East. Wolf hasn't shown the type of consistency to automatically assume he plays lots of minutes, Nolan has showed very little to inspire us and Tyler is well, Tyler. For all we know, if one of the guards decided to leave, Deandre could be seeing most of his minutes at his natural 3 position. In my opinion, many minutes could be available to Facey next year, I'd love to watch his upside and maturation over more of the same we've seen from Enosch and co. this year.

Reaction Score
He is somewhat raw but also showed flashes of a very gifted player. Runs like a gazelle for his size, has good feet and has grasped the game pretty well for a 3-4 year player in the states. The 4th quarter shows he can play some minutes next year especially with some weight gain, how many we will see. I love the kids potential and as someone said could be a special player in 2-4 years in Storrs.....has the gifts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom