Facey 2nd half Playing Time | The Boneyard

Facey 2nd half Playing Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why was Facey on the bench for just about the whole 2nd half. He didn't come into the game until Nolan picked up his 4th foul when there was like 7 min left in game. I thought Facey played great in the 1st half

Reaction Score
Why was Facey on the bench for just about the whole 2nd half. He didn't come into the game until Nolan picked up his 4th foul when there was like 7 min left in game. I thought Facey played great in the 1st half

I wondered the same thing about not seeing him until late in the half, but I' m not sure "great" and Facey can be used in the same sentence. Adequate or maybe even good, but definitely not great".

Reaction Score
Facey's first half play warranted more minutes than he got in the second half. Overall Facey played very well tonight.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think it was more Nolan and Miller playing well than anything else that kept him on the bench.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, now that Coach Miller's zone failed again when tried - it will be all about who can play man defense. Facey tends to get over powered in post.

Reaction Score
Phil Nolan played 30 minutes tonight. That's way too many, and I like him more than most. He does some nice things defensively, but the offense craters when he's on the floor.

Reaction Score
8 points and 7 rebounds in 12 minutes is pretty damn good.

His defense needs improvement as he still gets lost too much but those numbers do translate into more minutes than 12 for sure. Strange?

Reaction Score
Phil played well and gives us a somewhat meatier center. Facey though has improved a lot this year and he doesn't seem to get lost nearly as much.

Reaction Score
We clogged the paint with bigger bodies and made a terrible shooting team in Tulane try to beat us with the 3. It absolutely killed them in the second half. Smart move by Ollie.

Reaction Score
Nolan and Enoch are our only true centers. And Enoch is still finding his way. Phil is also the best defensive center on the team. Last night he was very effective defensively and rebounding. That's why Facey didn't get much time at the five.

Miller, last night, was are only consistent offensive option last night. That's why Facey didn't get much time at the four.

It was just the way the game fell last night. Some nights KF will be superior option and play more minutes.

Reaction Score
They were working on Facey's leg at halftime. Possible they wanted to try to ride the second half out without using him until Nolan picked up #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom