face-off of all-time greats; who ya got? | The Boneyard

face-off of all-time greats; who ya got?

Reaction Score
Wow-this is hard

Team 1 pros: The two best scoring guards of all time. Have the GOAT. The best post defense of the list. The team overall has the most attitude.
Team 2 cons: Perimeter D is spotty. Nneka is the weakest of all the frontcourt players. Not a lot of height.

Team 2 pros: Sue is the best PG. Katie is a beast. That frontcourt is WOW.
Team 2 cons: Backcourt is a little slow. Catch is the the most inconsistent frontcourt offensive player on the list. Parker would get lit upppp on D.

Team 3 pros: Ticha best playmaker and best passer by a hair. The frontcourt has a ton of height and offense. Best 2-3 combo on the list
Team 3 cons: Ticha is the weakest player scoring on the whole list and can't shoot. Tina is shot dominant. Maya has the worst handle of all the 2's

Team 4 pros: Best frontcourt on offense, by far. A healthy Jackson and Stewie together. WOW. A backcourt that has won together.
Team 4 cons: None of the guards can hit 3's consistently. The least athletic team.

Team 1 has Diana, but the weakest 3/4 combo. They're out
Team 2 has the best PG, but Catch on O and Parker on D make me nervous. They're out.
Team 4 has the best frontcourt but not enough bulk in the post and bad 3 point shooting. They're out.

This is tough, but it's a guards game and I just think that 2/3 combo on offense on team 3, coupled with Ticha's playmaking ability, along with Lisa being probably the greatest center of all time, wins it for team 3.

Team 3
-but I could change my mind at ANY moment.

@CamrnCrz1974 @EricLA

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First, Nneka over Tina Charles? Sorry but that's ridiculous.

Second, They did a pretty good job of splitting out the talent. Gotta remember each player in their prime and think about how good they would be as well as how they would mesh with their teammates. Aside from the Tina Charles snub, it's a pretty good list of all time greats.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Just curious, does anyone see a specific pattern as to why each 5 was grouped together? I don't other than no 2 UConn grads together.
My 5 would be DT, Sue, Maya, Stewie, and add Tina. They would take on and beat all challengers.
But then, I'm a homer. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think a lot of people here are sleeping on Cheryl Swoops on Team 4. Any series between 3 and 4 would be a 7 game series IMO.

Reaction Score
Team 4 hands down
Any team with Stewie gets my vote. Great defense and rebounding. Even though her team had average guards, Stewie always can go outside and consistently hit the 3 pointer.

Reaction Score
That is so tough...
Team 1 - frontcourt is the weakest, but Yolanda Griffith has attitude to compliment DT and Coop and does not back down from anyone. Also, she is severely underrated. Having the two best guards of all time in DT and Coop? That’s awfully tough, especially with that swagger they have - I rarely bet against Diana. While DT is not a great defender, the front-court defense would be damn good. Wouldn’t be huge on blocking shots, but they’d be tough on that end. I always enjoyed Yolanda and in my opinion, is one of the toughest players ever. Prime Angel is a terror on defense and lightning quick. Could get to rack anytime. Nneka is definitely getting put as one of the weakest and while she would not be one of my preferable bigs, she’s got great athleticism and knows how to use it. She’s also deceptively quick when making her moves. DT is DT. She knows how to win and wants the shot at the end of the game. Coop is the same way. That backcourt is just crazy to think about as far as their primes go. Would cause major headaches for other teams.

Team 2 - Sue as the pg? Offense will be run perfectly. And we know she will take and make big shots. Katie Smith is also severely underrated overall. Not just a scorer, but also tough on defense. Catchings at the 3 gives you everything since she’s so well rounded overall. Tough as nails too and big competitive fireWhile I am not a Parker fan, she provides a lot of versatility. While she was DPOY, I’m still skeptical of her defense against the other bigs. While she has improved her shooting over her career, I’d be fine with her taking jumpers. Sylvia is a monster inside when she’s fully healthy. There’s a reason why she has won finals MVP twice among all that great talent on Minnesota.

Team 3 - Lisa Leslie set the standard for centers during her time in the W. She may not have handles like most of the other bigs now and may not shoot as well, but I’d never underestimate her. DPOY multiple times, 3X MVP. She knows how to win. Tina is the original stretch big - 3-pointer is fire. She’s also very tough - along with Yolanda, one of the toughest players I have seen. Also someone who knows how to win. Elena can do it all. 2X MVP for a reason. Maya is Maya. Superior athleticism, can also do it all. Big plays in big moments. Ticha would get them the ball and play defense, but lacking a scoring punch/shooting would hurt overall.

Team 4 - The most versatile front court. Sheryl Swoopes was my first favorite player in the W. Defended as well as anyone, competitive, and could score. Stewie is Stewie. Exemplifies versatility to the T. Can do it all and knows how to win. LJ was tough as nails. Physical as anyone. Can also do it all, though handle not as good as some. Prime Seimone could score anytime she wanted. Silky smooth handle. Whalen is underrated. She can do a little bit of everything a team needs. Though I’d attack her defensively with her foot speed and let her shoot more often than not.

Any team could win. I honestly still do not know who I would pick. But that backcourt of DT and Coop is oh so tempting...I also realize that all of them know how to win . Kind of redundant to put that on there. Would be amazing to see them all play each other all players in their prime.

Reaction Score
Any team with Stewie gets my vote. Great defense and rebounding. Even though her team had average guards, Stewie always can go outside and consistently hit the 3 pointer.
Lindsay Whalen and Seimone Augustus average guards? What have you been watching the last 10 years?

Reaction Score
That is so tough...
Team 1 - frontcourt is the weakest, but Yolanda Griffith has attitude to compliment DT and Coop and does not back down from anyone. Also, she is severely underrated. Having the two best guards of all time in DT and Coop? That’s awfully tough, especially with that swagger they have - I rarely bet against Diana. While DT is not a great defender, the front-court defense would be damn good. Wouldn’t be huge on blocking shots, but they’d be tough on that end. I always enjoyed Yolanda and in my opinion, is one of the toughest players ever. Prime Angel is a terror on defense and lightning quick. Could get to rack anytime. Nneka is definitely getting put as one of the weakest and while she would not be one of my preferable bigs, she’s got great athleticism and knows how to use it. She’s also deceptively quick when making her moves. DT is DT. She knows how to win and wants the shot at the end of the game. Coop is the same way. That backcourt is just crazy to think about as far as their primes go. Would cause major headaches for other teams.

Team 2 - Sue as the pg? Offense will be run perfectly. And we know she will take and make big shots. Katie Smith is also severely underrated overall. Not just a scorer, but also tough on defense. Catchings at the 3 gives you everything since she’s so well rounded overall. Tough as nails too and big competitive fireWhile I am not a Parker fan, she provides a lot of versatility. While she was DPOY, I’m still skeptical of her defense against the other bigs. While she has improved her shooting over her career, I’d be fine with her taking jumpers. Sylvia is a monster inside when she’s fully healthy. There’s a reason why she has won finals MVP twice among all that great talent on Minnesota.

Team 3 - Lisa Leslie set the standard for centers during her time in the W. She may not have handles like most of the other bigs now and may not shoot as well, but I’d never underestimate her. DPOY multiple times, 3X MVP. She knows how to win. Tina is the original stretch big - 3-pointer is fire. She’s also very tough - along with Yolanda, one of the toughest players I have seen. Also someone who knows how to win. Elena can do it all. 2X MVP for a reason. Maya is Maya. Superior athleticism, can also do it all. Big plays in big moments. Ticha would get them the ball and play defense, but lacking a scoring punch/shooting would hurt overall.

Team 4 - The most versatile front court. Sheryl Swoopes was my first favorite player in the W. Defended as well as anyone, competitive, and could score. Stewie is Stewie. Exemplifies versatility to the T. Can do it all and knows how to win. LJ was tough as nails. Physical as anyone. Can also do it all, though handle not as good as some. Prime Seimone could score anytime she wanted. Silky smooth handle. Whalen is underrated. She can do a little bit of everything a team needs. Though I’d attack her defensively with her foot speed and let her shoot more often than not.

Any team could win. I honestly still do not know who I would pick. But that backcourt of DT and Coop is oh so tempting...I also realize that all of them know how to win . Kind of redundant to put that on there. Would be amazing to see them all play each other all players in their prime.

Attack her foot speed at the beginning of her career or the end of her career? Everyone slows down as they get older, that's why she retired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom