Face It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Face It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that no school will ever move from the current AAC to a major conference. If we ever want to join the Big 10 or ACC, we need to join the Big East as soon as possible.
Give it up man that boat has sailed. We need to get in a p5 conference ASAP. Going into the big east will just delay how much longer before our basketball program is irrelevant. It won't save our program long term. We have to get the football team decent or otherwise we have no chance. No conference will take our football without our basketball coming in. Don't be naive!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Complaining about our conference is a waste of time and energy
Well wives have been doing this to us for centuries, and they haven't gotten the memo. That's why its called 'bitchin'.

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm crazy, but I don't understand why we can't do what UMass is doing - playing most sports in one conference and going football-only in another. Their football team is worse than ours, so it doesn't seem impossible that we'd find a respectable football league willing to let us park the team there.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
BE, PAC 10, SEC, Big 12 were all represented along with BYU on the committee. Chair was from Utah St. Next year chair from Okla.
Sounds like an honest jury to me.

Reaction Score
Who runs the AAC? I'm pretty ignorant to all of this stuff but it almost seems like they want UConn to try to leave. If there was even the slightest effort to improve the conference and make it more desirable for the better teams, I think UConn wouldn't mind staying and building it up. But I just have to think any team worth anything in this conference has to want out. Why hasn't there really been any effort to boost the bottom of the barrel from pulling everyone else down?

Reaction Score
Who runs the AAC? I'm pretty ignorant to all of this stuff but it almost seems like they want UConn to try to leave. If there was even the slightest effort to improve the conference and make it more desirable for the better teams, I think UConn wouldn't mind staying and building it up. But I just have to think any team worth anything in this conference has to want out. Why hasn't there really been any effort to boost the bottom of the barrel from pulling everyone else down?

There has been an effort. For example, Houston and South Florida brought in new coaches this year. It just hasn't worked.

Reaction Score
ummm, what dollars are you talking about? you are aware that there is a ceiling for basketball dollars, right?
Doesnt matter that b-ball is tiny relative to f-ball. Do you like more dollars or less dollars? Do you think the NBE would like to have the most desirable arrangement of teams to stay relevant vs the p5 and all their football $? I'm pretty sure a rational mind answers yes to both questions, meaning we should be attractive if not a game changer to the NBE.

Reaction Score
By the way, UMass would lick the yellow line down the middle of the highway from Amherst to Provdence to get into the AAC, yet some dopes here want to follow their model.

Reaction Score
By the way, UMass would lick the yellow line down the middle of the highway from Amherst to Provdence to get into the AAC, yet some dopes here want to follow their model.

I don't want to play in the A-10, no. Seems like it's not really the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom