Fab 5 freshmen | The Boneyard

Fab 5 freshmen

Reaction Score
I know it’s most hype, but for the first time, I truly feel these recruiting class just might live up to it. Solo, Castle, Ross and Stewie, they were frequently mentioned and praised by coaching staff. The only omission here is Singare but Bigs usually develop slower, hope he sponges up quickly being against DC and with our big coaches in a year.

I like Castle quotes: “it’s all come to me, and it’s all come to the other freshmen”

I love Solo’s smile. I feel he has a dawg in him! , Huskies!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Hate the Fab 5 moniker. They needed/need to come up with their own nickname. Nonetheless, way excited to see them play.
I agree. While it may be a tremendous haul of a recruiting class for us, the two groups of kids are not all that similar. Only one of ours will be starting, and I believe that Michigan started 4, of not 5 of them. Also, our guys this year were not the top ranked class, whereas the original group was for their class year. If Howard at Michigan were to sign the number one recruiting class and they were all set to start, they could do it. We could have done better.

Reaction Score
It’s really not that deep guys. It was a cool photo opp moment. And guess what? It worked. They don’t refer to themselves as that and I promise you the staff doesn’t refer to them as that. I’m not even sure why it’s a conversation

Reaction Score
I'm going to be honest, completely forgot about Singare. I've been hearing a ton about all of the other freshmen, but absolutely nothing about him. I don't think we can expect much of an impact from him until at least next season.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be honest, completely forgot about Singare. I've been hearing a ton about all of the other freshmen, but absolutely nothing about him. I don't think we can expect much of an impact from him until at least next season.
He’s 3rd on the depth chart at the moment. We’ll see him early though. With Clingan returning from injury and the foul trouble games that is inevitable with Clingan jumping up in minutes that way he is

Reaction Score
Hate the Fab 5 moniker. They needed/need to come up with their own nickname. Nonetheless, way excited to see them play.
I agree. I don't think you' can win trying to match something that someone else has done to succeed. Everyone will want to criticize the results by way of comparison. Start your own thing.

Too late now. Set the league on fire boys!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Quote from Hurley on the Boneyard the other day at practice chewing out the players on the floor:
"Why is Yousseff making all these steals?"

Stay tuned. 7', long and with an attitude

Reaction Score
It’s really not that deep guys. It was a cool photo opp moment. And guess what? It worked. They don’t refer to themselves as that and I promise you the staff doesn’t refer to them as that. I’m not even sure why it’s a conversation

I don't care what they call themselves if the kids can play basketball. This board gets hung up on the weirdest things.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fastidious Five? You know because they're going to be cleaning up the boards and whatnot?

(For the record, I think fans trying to establish a nickname for student athletes is dumb. That said, though there's been a few good ones like Kling Kong.)

Reaction Score
How about “Fivetastic” or “Fivulous” !!! Does it really matter what you call them? It’s whatever they answer to! As long as we call them National Champs this spring I’m good!!! Just let them play!!! I’ll even recommend calling the “Freshtastic Five”…I’M DONE!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Very optimistic about the potential for these rooks. I expected castle to come in ready to score, ball to be a good slasher for us by the end of the season, and not too much else. Judging by the statements and comments from coaching staff and team I think Ross is going to be solid and solo better than anyone expected.

Seems like these guys are busting their behinds and they will be dogs for us, is it November yet?

Reaction Score
I'm not big on contrived nicknames especially for a whole group of diverse players, but if forced to come up with one, I'd go with the FRESH FIVE. After all, they are all FRESHmen and they are all new or FRESH. And it avoids anything too cutesy or forced. It's the best I could manage.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't care what they call themselves if the kids can play basketball. This board gets hung up on the weirdest things.
The F5 thing is silly but if the kids have fun with it im fine with it. I just think the fans should really lay off of that. The F5 were a completely different thing that this group will never even have the opportunity to be. I just hope theyre as good as they appear to be. If they are this team is going to be a serious threat to repeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom