F ESPN | The Boneyard

F ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I have watched 3 or 4 CBB sweet 16 features on the ESPN network and they virtually ignored us.

To be honest, I never bought into some of the "ESPN is against us" sentiment I read here, but I'm starting to. I guess it's time to start watching Fox Sports and CBSSN.

Reaction Score
I have watched 3 or 4 CBB sweet 16 features on the ESPN network and they virtually ignored us.

To be honest, I never bought into some of the "ESPN is against us" sentiment I read here, but I'm starting to. I guess it's time to start watching Fox Sports and CBSSN.
I'm using this ESPN thing as hope we are going to the B1G,
Hurting that huge investment they made in the AAC.

Reaction Score

I liked your post but please don't watch Fox Sports and help the Big Least. They have literally 400 people watching their mid major games and you don't want to be one of those guys!

Reaction Score
I agree completely ignored. Been waiting for our segment and...nothing. Damn you espn!

Reaction Score
It's tough for me to believe ESPN would blatantly ignore a monster brand like UConn. Why? Makes little sense. They televise almost all our games

Reaction Score
win on friday and we'll get our tv time....just gotta win baby

Reaction Score
They are trying to figure out a spin they can use.
The hottest ticket in NCAA history.
Coach who replaced HOF gets to sweet 16 in second year
A team written off for dead back in one year.
Banned from MSG last year they make a return
Kids that stayed loyal in the face of adversity rewarded with a trip to the big apple
New York City kids return.
Sorry their simply is no compelling story to UConn , that's why we haven't been featured.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
They are trying to figure out a spin they can use.
The hottest ticket in NCAA history.
Coach who replaced HOF gets to sweet 16 in second year first eligible year
A team written off for dead back in one year.
Banned from MSG last year they make a return
Kids that stayed loyal in the face of adversity rewarded with a trip to the big apple
New York City kids return.
Sorry their simply is no compelling story to UConn , that's why we haven't been featured.

Fixed!

Reaction Score
Ditto. Kept watching. Saw the joy and heartache of all these players and coaches but no UConn. It's bewildering!

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people here may be the type who mindlessly put on SportsCenter every day despite antics like this, but why not stop the cycle of abuse? You have the power. Don't feed into the BS train.

We can watch every minute of UConn's tournament run without ever knowing that crappy network in Bristol exists.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people here may be the type who mindlessly put on SportsCenter every day despite antics like this, but why not stop the cycle of abuse? You have the power. Don't feed into the BS train.

We can watch every minute of UConn's tournament run without ever knowing that crappy network in Bristol exists.

I never turn it on, unless they are showing a UConn game.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Not a word on the website either (non-insider, wont' pay for that crap), except for some guy named Myron Metcalf who has us ranked 7th of the remaining 16 teams.

Reaction Score
Be patient. In a few years, FoxSports 1 first 60 for 60 documentary will be called Big Ten Toes In. It will basically tell us everything that happened behind closed doors the past few years and showcase how UConn and Devaney left the ACC and Espn in its wake.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Welcome to the club. I don't watch ESPiN unless UCONN is on. I don't go to their website unless it is a direct link to an article about UCONN that somebody posts here. I downgraded my cable package so that I no longer get ESPNU (I watch UCONN games online instead now). I am one of those guys who thinks that they have "something against us" and won't give that slimy network my eyeballs. But that's just me and I realize to each is own.

A few advantages of not watching ESPiN: I'm into the NHL and English Premier League (NBCSN) more than at any point post-Whalers. I know that hockey and soccer don't appeal to everyone but they do to me so I think it's great. I enjoy watching sports and good analysis of the sport I watched. Not the Subway Fresh interviews with "expert" Dick Vitale types telling me how great Dook is (as if I never heard that before).

Reaction Score
I don't care what ESPN does. What I want to know is why they are doing it. Their obsession with UConn, either by negative press or omission from the obvious like a sweet 16 appearance, is both blatant and petty. Some may want to call the conspiracy kitty, but I have to believe there is a reason why. If UConn was simply left out of the realignment game and chosen over as we were lead to believe, would ESPN really being trying so hard to devalue our brand? Think about it. There was some negative story on us almost weekly. For what we know, this doesn't make any sense.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Welcome to the club. I don't watch ESPiN unless UCONN is on. I don't go to their website unless it is a direct link to an article about UCONN that somebody posts here. I downgraded my cable package so that I no longer get ESPNU (I watch UCONN games online instead now). I am one of those guys who thinks that they have "something against us" and won't give that slimy network my eyeballs. But that's just me and I realize to each is own.

A few advantages of not watching ESPiN: I'm into the NHL and English Premier League (NBCSN) more than at any point post-Whalers. I know that hockey and soccer don't appeal to everyone but they do to me so I think it's great. I enjoy watching sports and good analysis of the sport I watched. Not the Subway Fresh interviews with "expert" Vitale types telling me how great Dook is (as if I never heard that before).
How do you watch UConn on ESPN online without having a cable subscription to ESPN? (That's a serious question, because I'm really thinking about downgrading my cable package, but my biggest hesitation is missing out on UConn games).

Dooley

Reaction Score
The only ESPiN "story" about UCONN in the past few days has been some made-up rumor about Calhoun coaching Boston friggin' College. Absolutely absurd.

Dooley

Reaction Score
How do you watch UConn on ESPN online without having a cable subscription to ESPN? (That's a serious question, because I'm really thinking about downgrading my cable package, but my biggest hesitation is missing out on UConn games).

There are 3rd party websites that air games. To watch ESPNU games online on ESPN3, you need to have ESPNU on your cable. But there are a few sites out there that stream games without having to have ESPN. I use this one most frequently: http://gofirstrowus.eu/?utm_source=...paign=3d19c0a300-UA-142218-1&utm_medium=email.

Note: there are banner ads and stuff like video quality that that you have to get used to. But once you get the game on your computer, you can just expand the screen to full screen so you don't see the ads. The video quality is usually good but I admit there have been games that it wasn't so I had to get used to it. You can always google other sites and see what works for you.

Reaction Score
It's because the game is against Iowa State. If UNC would have beat ISU, there would be a lot more press.
Couple that with some other, more compelling matchups (UCLA-Florida, UVA-MSU, Louisville-Kentucky), and I think you have your answer right there. UConn-ISU doesn't have much caché outside our two fan bases.

Now, whenever it's in the E8, it doesn't matter what the matchup in MSG will be, there will be some press.

Reaction Score
I don't care what ESPN does. What I want to know is why they are doing it. Their obsession with UConn, either by negative press or omission from the obvious like a sweet 16 appearance, is both blatant and petty. Some may want to call the conspiracy kitty, but I have to believe there is a reason why. If UConn was simply left out of the realignment game and chosen over as we were lead to believe, would ESPN really being trying so hard to devalue our brand? Think about it. There was some negative story on us almost weekly. For what we know, this doesn't make any sense.
From an in-state corporation who started out showing UConn games when we were nothing and could absolutely use UConn graduates in the future? Reverse psychology. It's the fans who need to get used to having UConn football play programs that have been at the top level for 100 years.

FWIW, they do think of UConn as a B1G expansion candidate at ESPN. They've also helped us in the past immensely, even in football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

In addition to what the other poster said, you can watch replays of espnU games on espn3/watchespn without getting it in your cable package (just not live). They are put up about 30 minutes after the game is over and you can skip the commercial breaks and halftime. It's fun to watch the tourrnament games live, but I actually prefer the replay for regular season games because I can watch the entire game in 1 hour on my own time.

Reaction Score
I'm using this ESPN thing as hope we are going to the B1G,
Hurting that huge investment they made in the AAC.

Wouldn't it be awesome for the 10 to grab Uconn and have all Uconn games on the 10 network instead of
espn? I really hope it works out this way, to have the 10 shut out the local disloyal network, we're only good enough for the espn3 stream.

Reaction Score

Pretty much everyone has ignored us. I don't get it. Is the world against Connecticut or something? I searched in google articles regarding UConn basketball, not many to be honest. No hype around this program right now. Fully under the radar. That's alright though. If that's how it needs to get done, then that's the way it will get done. Win and advance!!!

I spend my time Watching Fox Sports Live every night on FS1. Screw SportsCenter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member