Extending the 3pt line in the Men's Game.... Will the women follow suit? | The Boneyard

Extending the 3pt line in the Men's Game.... Will the women follow suit?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Proposal would extend 3-point line in men’s basketball

Just what we all need..... more bricks being thrown up :rolleyes:

Taken from the article. I wonder if the women would follow suit? Those dual lines on the court might confuse a few shooters.

The NCAA Men’s Basketball Rules Committee on Friday proposed moving the 3-point line to the international basketball distance of 22 feet, 1¾ inches.

If the recommendation is approved by the Playing Rules Oversight Panel on June 5, the rule would be effective for the 2019-20 season in Division I. Due to the potential financial impact, the new 3-point line would go into effect for the 2020-21 season in Divisions II and III.

Committee members proposed the rules change after receiving positive feedback from the annual rules survey and from coaches whose teams competed in the 2018 and 2019 National Invitation Tournament, where the international 3-point distance was used on an experimental basis.

Reaction Score
Doubtful they would extend to the proposed men’s distance. More likely they would extent to 20’9”, the women’ international distance. They past few sets of rule changes has to get more inline with the women’s international rules.

Reaction Score
I understand there is a committee and it would be a bit much to expect human beings on a committee to do nothing, but I really wish they’d do nothing.

Last year the men’s side gave us the single most excruciating rule change in some time - the flagrant for hooking opponents on rebounds that evidently was so important they made it freaking reviewable.

Yeah let’s stop the game for five minutes to figure out that useless bit of info.

Maybe we can distribute the committee members yo-yos as a distraction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom