Extend Mora Now! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Extend Mora Now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All it takes is one school to get their hearts set on him. Make a huge offer and it’s on.

I do hope you are right but we need to be extending him and start giving assistants some increased compensation.
I didn't see it yet but my brother was gushing about how post-game Mora said the group he has is "the greatest group of people he's ever worked with." You can't buy that. I just can't see him giving that up go to someplace like Colorado or Auburn.

Reaction Score
Lamont needs to be key in everything we do surrounding football and realignment. UConn is our pro team.
Mora probably isn’t even asking for the world. Maybe bring his salary up to 2.5-2.75 double the assistant pool. Build a new locker room at the Rent. This isn’t stuff that will break the universities back. The amount of coverage the school got on national media today is invaluable. Brand awareness means higher application rate. Please, just once leadership do the right thing.

Reaction Score
The state has a 3 billion dollar budget surplus. I believe DB we'll find a way to get the money to appease Mora. Not sure if the state can direct any of that money directly to the football program but we'll see.

I also believe that Mora wants to build a legacy here that can stand on its own no matter who comes in after him. That for me is a 5-year plan at least and then he's 65 so where is he going to go?

Not many coaches get to step in and build something that people will talk about, at least in UConn circles, forever.

Reaction Score
No, but we are both gentlemen of a certain age. And while I can't say money isn't importatnt, it really isn't everything. I think he's found everything he's looking for at UConn.
Agreed. But let’s not take chances, and throw as much $ and fulfill as much of his wish list that that state + boosters can pull off.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We've got a friend in Ned. He gets it.
My only fear is he’s tweeting to show public support while clutching the states wallet. His actions will speak louder than some nice tweets.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it yet but my brother was gushing about how post-game Mora said the group he has is "the greatest group of people he's ever worked with." You can't buy that. I just can't see him giving that up go to someplace like Colorado or Auburn.
I hope you’re right. I love Mora and hope he stays….but just curious……have you ever been to Auburn?

Reaction Score
Has kept me up this week again. His phone has to be chirping non-stop.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hope you’re right. I love Mora and hope he stays….but just curious……have you ever been to Auburn?

I have. Interestingly enough, it's not much different than Storrs. Rolling plains. But for a football coach, you have to realize Auburn will drive you insane.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No talk of empty cupboards, laying foundations or paint jobs, or total rebuilds. In other words, the talk of losers who lower expectations.
The last guy was the worst. The first two just couldn't get it done. The last didn't even try, Job 1 was staying employed.

Reaction Score
And that's the biggie. He pulled back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz. It doesn't need a miracle or smoke and mirrors.
As @Waquoit would say, Mora is sexy in his competence.
it's just so impressive how good we look on defense after being so abysmal for years. Even against teams we're outmatched against, we hit hard. Guys are in the right spots and are unloading on the other team. These guys bring the wood and out-tough their opponents.

Reaction Score
it's just so impressive how good we look on defense after being so abysmal for years. Even against teams we're outmatched against, we hit hard. Guys are in the right spots and are unloading on the other team. These guys bring the wood and out-tough their opponents.
I said this after Michigan. They made some TFLs, some sacks, forced a few punts and I believe they forced a turnover. It was like a tiny win in a blowout but you saw there were pieces there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom