Explain to Stanford, Louisville, Baylor and Maryland | The Boneyard

Explain to Stanford, Louisville, Baylor and Maryland

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How is South Carolina a number one seed?
Unless they win the SEC Tourney, they probably won't be. That last "Reveal" doesn't mean anything now. Hell, it didn't mean anything by they time they revealed it. Last Sunday's games and the Conference Tourneys will change it.

Realize, that of those 16 teams in the Reveal, all but 6 of them (hopefully) will have another loss before the Selection Sunday/Monday (whenever it is).

Reaction Score
Only my opinion but I believe the list was ready for publication prior to any of the games on Sunday regardless of the outcomes....A plan for all to review, discuss and up the interest in all the upcoming conference games....increases viewings of future games which increases profits for all....$$$$

Reaction Score
According to Voepel,

Hemisfair region: 1. South Carolina, 2. NC State, 3. Indiana, 4. Oregon
The Wolfpack went from No. 6 last time to No. 5, and according to Bracketologist Charlie Creme, NC State is still in the mix for a No. 1 overall seed.

I said many time his is a rotten creme.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Stanford is and neither Maryland or Louisville should be, but Baylor is the one that might deserve an explanation. The reveal was made prior to Sunday games.
Not impressed with Baylor at all, but I agree with the rest. SC is not a #1, and I can't believe the committee does not see it. Maybe they know that the Nike ball won't be used in the tournament, giving them an accommodation like an injured player coming back.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
According to Voepel,

Hemisfair region: 1. South Carolina, 2. NC State, 3. Indiana, 4. Oregon
The Wolfpack went from No. 6 last time to No. 5, and according to Bracketologist Charlie Creme, NC State is still in the mix for a No. 1 overall seed.

I said many time his is a rotten creme.
That would be a very tough draw for SC. NC State is a serious contender this year. Don’t sleep on them.

Reaction Score
Baylor is a tough defensive team, but they can be offensively challenged, and quite frankly the Big 12 is probably the weakest P5 conference from top to bottom.

The one team out of the Big 12 I wouldn’t sleep on is Iowa State if you drew them in the dance. They aren’t consistent, but they can really shoot the 3, and you can’t foul them. They have some really good freshmen, (not UConn good freshmen) who will be very good D-1 players the next 3 years. They are 83% as a team from the FT line & hit 10 3’s a game. Besides Baylor, West Virginia is the only other team that could make some noise. Overall, you are correct, the league is not as strong, but Texas is recruiting well under Vic & will get stronger. As of today Baylor is a 2, West Virginia a 4, Texas a 7, Iowa State an 8 seed. Oklahoma & Oklahoma State are in, but not much of a threat IMO.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Why is Stanford included in the question? They're overall #2.

South Carolina has a far better resume than Baylor and Louisville. It's not even close. If you're just counting the number of losses, then you have no idea how resumes are evaluated.

I would give NC State the edge over SC for the last #1 seed. SC does have more Quadrant 1 wins, and NC State's two losses are "softer" than any of SC's losses, but NC State has two wins that are far better than SC's best wins.

Reaction Score
This is what rotten Creme said about SEC Conference. I say Texas A&M will beat South Carolina in the conference, they already beat South Carolina 65-57.

SEC: March 7, 2 p.m. ET, ESPN2 (Greenville, South Carolina)

South Carolina: With championships in five of the past six years, the SEC tournament has become the Gamecocks' domain.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Baylor has beaten...ZERO teams ranked in the top 25. One of their losses is to Arkansas, a team SC has beaten.
Louisville has beaten....one team in the top 25 (DePaul) who likely won't be ranked next week.

MD has a stronger resume: They have wins over Indiana, Arkansas, Rutgers; and no bad losses.

SC has beaten: Kentucky (2x), Arkansas, Gonzaga, and Georgia. Three of their losses are to #1 seeds, and the other is to Tennessee (a top 16 team).

I think unless either implode in conference tourney, SC and NC St are likely meeting in the Elite 8, no matter who is #1 or #2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom