Experts Say UConn Should Have Backup Plan As Big 12 Meets Monday To Tackle Expansion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Experts Say UConn Should Have Backup Plan As Big 12 Meets Monday To Tackle Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh oh.....
cfzbsa4kl2sx.jpg
Pretty sure thats fake

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Went to the Cesspool the other day. First time in years. Can't get the stink off no matter how hard I try.

Made one joke and felt bad about it.

I <3 the cesspool.

It is like an incessant comedy roast of your opponents. Good times. Most people have pretty thick skin over there I find, which is essential to talking politics. Definitely NOT a safe space. Its the only place on the internet I will allow people to call me fat.

Reaction Score
Once the NCAA allowed them to have a Football Championship game with only 10 teams, there was NO reason to expand. The NCAA has set the minimum at 12 causing the B1G and PAC-10 to scramble to have 12 teams so they expanded. The Big 12 lost teams and has not had a conference football championship the last few years which everyone says hurts both revenue, and their chance at getting a team into the 4 team playoff. But the NCAA ruled that they can have their conference championship game next year with only 10 teams in the conference. That was the #1 reason to expand. Now there is no reason to share revenue with 2 or 4 more schools. Every conference that expanded to get to 12 should be allowed to kick out the last 2 teams in!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I <3 the cesspool.

It is like an incessant comedy roast of your opponents. Good times. Most people have pretty thick skin over there I find, which is essential to talking politics. Definitely NOT a safe space. Its the only place on the internet I will allow people to call me fat.
Youre fat even though we agree on most things politically and I havent seen you. Oooops. Not the Cesspool but conference realignment is a reasonable facsimile.

Reaction Score
Exactly why I stopped following this BS a month ago. Big 12 is dysfunctional and incompetent. They won't last too much longer as a conference.

Reaction Score
Seems crazy they publicly announced they were pursuing expansion and they didn't even have enough votes from their member institutions.

Reaction Score
Seems crazy they publicly announced they were pursuing expansion and they didn't even have enough votes from their member institutions.

They voted to pursue the possibility of expansion. It was never a sure thing.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Once the NCAA allowed them to have a Football Championship game with only 10 teams, there was NO reason to expand. The NCAA has set the minimum at 12 causing the B1G and PAC-10 to scramble to have 12 teams so they expanded. The Big 12 lost teams and has not had a conference football championship the last few years which everyone says hurts both revenue, and their chance at getting a team into the 4 team playoff. But the NCAA ruled that they can have their conference championship game next year with only 10 teams in the conference. That was the #1 reason to expand. Now there is no reason to share revenue with 2 or 4 more schools. Every conference that expanded to get to 12 should be allowed to kick out the last 2 teams in!

Thats what started this damn conference raiding because the ACC couldn't have a championship game with twelve teams. So the Big East got torn apart and now when the Big twelve asked the ten teams was fine. The NCAA screwed over UConn and rivalries in the process. I hope the NCAA is taken apart in the near future

Reaction Score
I will never pay extra to watch college football without UConn, so I can't wait until it gets to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom