Expected Fan Health Protocols | The Boneyard

Expected Fan Health Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know of what specific plans/measures for fans will be in place when games start up ?

MJ1

Reaction Score
If you go to MSG you have to download card to IPhone, everything has to be paperless, cards not acceptable in NY.
MSG website gives all the details of ticket purchases and vaccine details.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you go to MSG you have to download card to IPhone, everything has to be paperless, cards not acceptable in NY.
It caused a massive line at the wrestling matches last week.

Reaction Score
My dad is a UMass season tix holder. They just got their protocol for hockey and hoops. Basically it’s masks required regardless of status. It didn’t say the kind of masks whether N95 vs the little cloth ones though. Proof of vax either the card or photo is required or a negative test within 72 hours of the game. He didn’t tell me if they made any distinction if you got vaxed in like February of 2021 if they will look for proof of booster on the card since the vax will have waned. He also didn’t say if there was any language in the protocol for people with natural immunity and proof of that. I assume most programs will follow something similar to this. Anyway, wanted to pass this along because he just told me the other day what the protocol will be.
I was thinking about how long it will take to get into a packed house at XL - they can’t even handle scanning tickets never mind checking 16K vax IDs too - for all of us going to the games, dress warm because i think we will be outside a long time or get there early and have a few drinks!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The addition of the metal detectors right at the door caused delays and for people to wait out in the cold. I see the presentation of proof causing very similar issues. I know this is a fluid situation and I wonder if the ticket reps are telling those purchasing season tickets that future mandates may not allow them to enter. Maybe refunds will be in order.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If 25,000 old hippies and spunion wookies can manage to get it together enough to show vax or test proof to get into Dead and Company concerts over the last month, I have faith that the UConn faithful have what it takes. And if the wait in line bothers you, pass the time the same way, fire up a joint. Its legal now.

Reaction Score
from the XL website - Public Health & Safety | XL CENTER

• In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend our events:
    • Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath);
    • Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without the use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; and
    • Guests who have not been fully vaccinated and have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
  • Per CDC recommendations, patrons, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a face mask or covering in the XL Center. It is also recommended that patrons wash and/or sanitize hands as often as possible to prevent the spread of viruses.

Reaction Score
My dad is a UMass season tix holder. They just got their protocol for hockey and hoops. Basically it’s masks required regardless of status. It didn’t say the kind of masks whether N95 vs the little cloth ones though. Proof of vax either the card or photo is required or a negative test within 72 hours of the game. He didn’t tell me if they made any distinction if you got vaxed in like February of 2021 if they will look for proof of booster on the card since the vax will have waned. He also didn’t say if there was any language in the protocol for people with natural immunity and proof of that. I assume most programs will follow something similar to this. Anyway, wanted to pass this along because he just told me the other day what the protocol will be.
I was thinking about how long it will take to get into a packed house at XL - they can’t even handle scanning tickets never mind checking 16K vax IDs too - for all of us going to the games, dress warm because i think we will be outside a long time or get there early and have a few drinks!
This was the notice UMass sent out in full:

As we begin the winter sports season at the Mullins Center, Massachusetts Athletics fully expects that guests 12 and older who attend campus indoor athletic events are fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 (PCR or antigen) test result within 72 hours of the event date. UMass Athletics reserves the right to request proof of vaccination/negative test prior to event admission. If guests do not meet the expectations or cannot provide proof of vaccination/negative test, UMass Athletics reserves the right to deny admission to the event.

Additionally, the University public health order requiring all guests over the age of 2 to wear a mask indoors, except while actively eating or drinking as permitted, will remain in effect until further notice.

Starting with our home hockey games this weekend, UMass Athletics may conduct on-site vaccination/negative testing checks and will be enforcing the mask mandate to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and student-athletes.

The Massachusetts Athletics Department and the Mullins Center, in its continued commitment to maintaining the health and safety of the UMass community, is expecting patrons to be fully vaccinated to attend events. Our students, staff, and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated per University Policy.

To attend an in-person event please be prepared to:
• Present proof of full vaccination for COVID-19, two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. For the UMass Community, presenting a valid UCard meets this requirement. For the public, proof may be the original CDC vaccination record card, a copy of said record, or a mobile photograph of the card.

• Present a matching photo identification card with the same name as the COVID-19 vaccination card. (License, School ID, Passport, etc)

• Any individuals who are not fully vaccinated, or cannot locate their vaccination record, may instead produce a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with the negative test result and collection date and time stamp within 72 hours of the event.

• Face masks must be worn at all times indoors while attending an event by all patrons, regardless of vaccination status. Face masks may be lowered to consume food and drinks during an event.

• Patrons under the age of 12, who cannot be vaccinated, must wear a mask at all times.

• If you are unable to provide requested documentation to enter an event, you will be turned away.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Just went to the hockey game on Friday…masked were required to get in but enforcement was pretty relaxed however, the crowd was also pretty sparse.

Reaction Score
I would be terrified at an indoor game where maybe half the attendees were not wearing masks. Probably would not go which really stinks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have noticed on my flights over the past few months, that passengers have definitely increased their liking to healthy fats like nuts. Never mind that the sodium content will kill you. I've seen more than one passenger spend the entire flight slowly snacking on a bag of almonds, peanuts or mixed nuts.

And yes, on some airlines the pilots will still say you are expected to put your mask back up while you are chewing and only pull the mask down to refill your gullet.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I have noticed on my flights over the past few months, that passengers have definitely increased their liking to healthy fats like nuts. Never mind that the sodium content will kill you. I've seen more than one passenger spend the entire flight slowly snacking on a bag of almonds, peanuts or mixed nuts.

And yes, on some airlines the pilots will still say you are expected to put your mask back up while you are chewing and only pull the mask down to refill your gullet.

I was on a british airways flight in August where the stewardess woke up a business class passenger because mask was below nose while sleeping.

I love the brits.

Reaction Score
Not everyone has an I phone or smart phone. Do have proof of vaccine. What then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom