Expectations: Tyrese Martin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Expectations: Tyrese Martin

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
The toughness Martin brings in the front court alongside Sanogo and Whaley is something I believe we'll see a lot off. Especially if Hawkins can find his way into big minutes in the backcourt next RJ Cole. Cole/Hawkins/Martin/Whaley/Sanogo

5: Sanogo/Whaley/Johnson/Akok/Springs
4: Whaley/Akok/Martin/Polley/Johnson/Springs
3: Martin/Jackson/Polley/Hawkins/Floyd
2: Hawkins/Jackson/Gaffney/Cole/Martin/Diggins/Floyd
1: Cole/Gaffney/Jackson/Diggins/Floyd

This rotation is going to be so tough to break into. The above is my best guest for each positions depth chart(several guys can play multiple positions which makes us even deeper). This team is talented top to bottom. Hopefully this mean players will have shorter leashes overall, regardless of veteran status. Play whoever is playing the best at the time. For example, if Polley isn't hitting 3's or rebounding how many minutes can he hope to get, same for Jackson if he can't be a scoring threat and picks up early fouls(Many more examples of how guys can play their way into or out of the lineup). Is realistic to think Jackson will get minutes at the point ahead of Diggins? Will Martin see minutes at guard in big lineups that include Polley and an in-form Akok?

Bigs:
Sanogo
Whaley
Akok
Johnson
Springs

Wings:
Martin
Jackson
Polley
Hawkins

Guards:
Cole
Gaffney
Diggins
Floyd

Reaction Score
I expect him to throw one down on first night. What more could you want

Reaction Score
I think the staff has a better idea of what they can and can not get from Martin than they do almost anyone else on the team, possible exception of Whaley. If Hawkins and Jackson give us so much more that Martin’s minutes are limited, great.

But I will have to see it to believe it. Jackson last year was nowhere near the player Martin was, and we haven’t had many freshmen wings who are more valuable overall than Martin. And even if those two are better players, bigs have to grab more rebounds for Martin to sit.

Reaction Score
I saw this quote from Martin in the Register article today and thought it was interesting.

Martin struggled late in the season with converting point-blank shots around the rim. He explained the genesis of his struggles at Tuesday’s Big East Media Day: “I felt like last year, being around bigger guys, I would rush my shot around the rim so it didn’t get blocked. This year, I’m not going to be rushing.”

Reaction Score
Tyrese led the team in rebounding and was third in scoring. Can't tell you how many times I thought, "glad he is on our team." I appreciated his honesty about missed shots in close. He is a very good d1 baller...not a superstar, but a terrific complimentary player.

Reaction Score
I saw this quote from Martin in the Register article today and thought it was interesting.

Martin struggled late in the season with converting point-blank shots around the rim. He explained the genesis of his struggles at Tuesday’s Big East Media Day: “I felt like last year, being around bigger guys, I would rush my shot around the rim so it didn’t get blocked. This year, I’m not going to be rushing.”

He plans on powering through them. Looking to be a bully this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not sure he won't be one of the players losing PT this year.
If someone comes on snd he doesn’t improve his FT shooting and put backs.
He could cost himself minutes. He is a tough kid though probably our toughest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom