Expectations for this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Expectations for this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you looking for me to post the Iverson vid again?
OK, it's practice. We all know that if KO and his staff gets us in position in the tourney, they flat out know how to navigate and break down the opposition. I'm dying for this show to get started.

Reaction Score
Three things need to happen:

1. Miller needs to be an on-court defensive coordinator & top rebounder
2. Gibbs, first and foremost, needs to be a facilitator
3. Purvis needs to be an alpha dog scorer in the way he was over the final 9 games of last season

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Three things need to happen:

1. Miller needs to be an on-court defensive coordinator & top rebounder
2. Gibbs, first and foremost, needs to be a facilitator
3. Purvis needs to be an alpha dog scorer in the way he was over the final 9 games of last season

And they need to happen pretty much right out of the gate.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Very, very entertaining basketball that is equally rewarding to its fans.

Reaction Score
I'm stating the obvious here but I hate the fact that their big boy challenges are right out of the gate. Drop a couple of those and it's tough to make up ground in this absolute tire fire of a sh i t bag conference.

Nice to see that Rutgers, Syracuse and Louisville are making the most of their power conference opportunities.

[Bangs head against desk.]

Reaction Score
2nd in AAC, tournament champion, sweet 16. Like every team we have a lot of "ifs".

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm stating the obvious here but I hate the fact that their big boy challenges are right out of the gate. Drop a couple of those and it's tough to make up ground in this absolute tire fire of a sh i t bag conference.

Nice to see that Rutgers, Syracuse and Louisville are making the most of their power conference opportunities.

[Bangs head against desk.]

It really is amazing to me just how much of a tire fire the former Big East teams have been since bolting. Small satisfaction there. Even so, I'd rather have the old BE with a truckload of issues staining the conference, so at least we'd be able to watch good basketball again.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I know you've heard me say this before, but I really LOVE this group of guys! We have a great mix of young talent & experience. I think AB will be a more vocal leader this year & I expect that our new guy from Roxbury will work out for us like the last guy from Roxbury did. VERY excited for the start of the season!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Is a National Championship for the the Men's and Women's team, a Nobel Prize for Kevin Ollie, the starting five awarded MacArthur fellows, and the Storrs campus voted a UNESCO World Heritage site a realistic expectation? I mean aren't all of these just a fait accompli? May as well have happen this year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how we all predicted last year;s team. We should have a system that if you are way off the previous year, you have to sit out the year :rolleyes: So, if you said NC or Final Four last year, edit yourself out.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how we all predicted last year;s team. We should have a system that if you are way off the previous year, you have to sit out the year :rolleyes: So, if you said NC or Final Four last year, edit yourself out.

I think a scoring system with a nice visual bar is better. If you're in the red, everyone can laugh at you.

Reaction Score
Matt Barresi just predicted that Jalen Adams would lead the Huskies in scoring this year. Dark horse pick. That's quite an expectation,

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 23+ wins in the regular season, a spot in the West bracket, and a team hitting its stride in March.

I'm expecting DOOM.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Matt Barresi just predicted that Jalen Adams would lead the Huskies in scoring this year. Dark horse pick. That's quite an expectation,

I can't really imagine what the season would look like were this the case.

And he's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds