Exit Fee $$$ | The Boneyard

Exit Fee $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What was the reasoning behind giving the "new" AAC schools a dime of this. From where I sit, they didn't earn it or are not entitled to a single dime.

USF, UConn and Cincy should get most of it and the rest should go into some sort of conference rainy day fund.

Reaction Score
How else would you get people to jump to a crappy unstable conference where at any moment the best teams might leave? Money! Entitled or not you had to get them in

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How else would you get people to jump to a crappy unstable conference where at any moment the best teams might leave? Money! Entitled or not you had to get them in

Hey, if Tulane Tulsa and the rest of that Mickey mouse crew want to go back to cusa, the door is over here.

Reaction Score
Revrat is right. It isn't the chance to play UConn, Cincy, and USF to drove them here. It was the promise of more $. Since the TV contract was a fail by Aresco, the promised revenue has to come from somewhere.

Reaction Score

I would think they would pay us to jump out of CUSA.

Reaction Score
Revrat is right. It isn't the chance to play UConn, Cincy, and USF to drove them here. It was the promise of more $. Since the TV contract was a fail by Aresco, the promised revenue has to come from somewhere.

Nope, don't buy it. They were coming no matter what. I don't buy it and I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Bull s---.

The AAC contract is still a freaking million miles better than CUSA.

The 60/40 split is nothing short of idiotic - those schools were coming no matter what the split was.
If you're right, then I'm officially worried as to who is leading us during this time. If they would have come no matter what? Why agree to give them anything? We seem to be a charitable bunch. Put up little resistance when fighting for the ACC life raft, then so willingly part with millions.

Reaction Score
If you're right, then I'm officially worried as to who is leading us during this time. If they would have come no matter what? Why agree to give them anything? We seem to be a charitable bunch. Put up little resistance when fighting for the ACC life raft, then so willingly part with millions.

Mike Aresco and Susan Herbst.

pj

Reaction Score
They had agreed to come into the league before the last departures occurred. Exit fees are owed to the league and the new arrivals are entitled to league payouts. The 60/40 outcome was a reasonable compromise.

Reaction Score
They had agreed to come into the league before the last departures occurred. Exit fees are owed to the league and the new arrivals are entitled to league payouts. The 60/40 outcome was a reasonable compromise.

Plus they agreed to come to a league that at that time was "rumored" to be receiving a huge deal from NBC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ok, if they want to go back to playing middle Tennessee and the third level of Florida schools, be our guests.

The AAC sucks, but at least there are a few "national" programs and the chance to have your games on tv.

Honestly, the idea these joke of athletic programs that were stuck with would bail and go back to CUSA is one of the dumber things I've read on here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I disagreed with the amount of the split, but you have hit the problem - the fees are due to the league and not to individual members. That certainly affects leverage.

Maybe 60% to three schools and 40% to the rest is not awful....

But now I'm pissed that USF gets the same share that UConn and Cincy gets.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
But now I'm pissed that USF gets the same share that UConn and Cincy gets.

I'm confident they'll just light it on fire or lose the check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom