Exit Fee Passes, But There's A Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
McMurphyCBSBrett McMurphy

by Mengus22

Big East approves exit fee increase to $10M contingent on Navy, Air Force joining league sources told @CBSSports http://Post original url/nj6fnu

Reaction Score
And Gladchuk on record as saying if any of the anchor 6 are out, Navy isn't coming.

Big East football died tonight.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not Boise? I knew it wouldn't be contingent on UCF, but the earlier reports included Boise was going to be part of the package deal.

Maybe a sign the Broncos are headed to the B12 or staying put? Though the rest of the McMurphy article doesn't necessarily reinforce that notion.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does this mean that SMU and Houston are not getting invitations?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Probably no Navy, then no . No , then no Boise. Then re-examine the need to go to Texas.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What a cluster f%&k!

This is where a real leader would step forward and say no more of these games as they are doing nobody any good.

Reaction Score
And Gladchuk on record as saying if any of the anchor 6 are out, Navy isn't coming.

Big East football died tonight.
You were the one who posted that 'Ville might abstain. That wasn't true, was it? Are you always this negative? I come onto this board to learn and share. What do you come here for?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This vote is positive news about the BE even if temporary. It was unanimous and only contingent on Air Force and Navy. Prior rumors included BS and UCF.

You have to believe that Louisville and WV are not certain of their destination or else they don't want to tip their hands if they are heading elsewhere. If they are offered they'll still be gone.

I'm concerned about the timing of the NY Times article. It is weird that somebody would have tried to sabotage the BE voting.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Probably no Navy, then no . No , then no Boise. Then re-examine the need to go to Texas.
How do you come to this conclusion? The article says if Navy and Air Force agree to join the BE all the universities agreed to the raise in exit fees. This is what both service ADs requested.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
You were the one who posted that 'Ville might abstain. That wasn't true, was it? Are you always this negative? I come onto this board to learn and share. What do you come here for?
Easy dude... a bunch of people posted that, it was linked in a WV Gazette article. Sometimes reporter's sources are guessing or don't know for certain (or are in a conspiracy theory...)

Reaction Score
This vote is positive news about the BE even if temporary. It was unanimous and only contingent on Air Force and Navy. Prior rumors included BS and UCF.

You have to believe that Louisville and WV are not certain of their destination or else they don't want to tip their hands if they are heading elsewhere. If they are offered they'll still be gone.

I'm concerned about the timing of the NY Times article. It is weird that somebody would have tried to sabotage the BE voting.

Just because Air Force and Navy are tied to the vote doesn't make them the only schools getting ready for an invite, just the one's that need the most reassuring in advance. UCF seems ready to crawl to Storrs for an invite. SBU, I'm not sure what to make of.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just because Air Force and Navy are tied to the vote doesn't make them the only schools getting ready for an invite, just the one's that need the most reassuring in advance. UCF seems ready to crawl to Storrs for an invite. SBU, I'm not sure what to make of.
I understand this. The idea only two schools were required for the increase in exit fees, tells me the BE remaining schools , bb and football, are starting to act in unison. That bodes well. UCF has begged harder than President Herbst (humor intended) and only less than ECU so I agree with you, they are a no brainer. If they held out for BS, that could have been a stumbling block to the academies, because the B12 might want BS and that would have stopped this whole effort cold.

If the B12 does not want BS than the BE figures BS will join the BE for the AQ.

Reaction Score

Not to end my sentences in prepositions.:p

It was reported that Louisville might abstain. Others report, you decide.

Just like it is being reported that WVU and UofL might go to the Big 12. Don't shoot the messenger.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why any school is basing their decision on joining the league for an extra 5 million for the exit fee.

Hell Burton could cough that up AND get to pick a new coach.

Pretty rediculous if you ask me.

Reaction Score
Just like it is being reported that WVU and UofL might go to the Big 12. Don't shoot the messenger.
Certainly is a lot of smoke about that issue. Where smoke = fire.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
From media reports that UCF was not part of the contingent package deal (i.e., exit fee raised to ten million contingent on schools X,Y and Z joining for football), and based on reports of their interest, it sounds like that school is a done deal, likely regardless of anything short of a mass stampede for the exits.

If it comes out that only Navy and are part of the contingent package, I read that as Boise is negotiating hard for terms, and the BE deciding either deciding to temporarily set aside Boise, leave them out of the "package" to ensure Navy/AFA get signed without delay, or that Boise doesn't have the votes to get in.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why any school is basing their decision on joining the league for an extra 5 million for the exit fee.

Hell Burton could cough that up AND get to pick a new coach.

Pretty rediculous if you ask me.
Yeah, I don't get that either.

Reaction Score

I think that the "Times" is thinking "deep throat" and Pulizer here. In one paragraph their source says that there will not be any problem with MO getting into the SEC. The next paragraph emphasizes that legal issues (from big 12) are a possibility, and the conference does not want to get into any legal issues. I had to read this multiple times as I thought that it was an editing problem, and a paragraph or two had been eliminated. I think that this article was rushed. I still believe that the SEC would prefer someone from the east for that spot.

Reaction Score
From media reports that UCF was not part of the contingent package deal (i.e., exit fee raised to ten million contingent on schools X,Y and Z joining for football), and based on reports of their interest, it sounds like that school is a done deal, likely regardless of anything short of a mass stampede for the exits.

If it comes out that only Navy and are part of the contingent package, I read that as Boise is negotiating hard for terms, and the BE deciding either deciding to temporarily set aside Boise, leave them out of the "package" to ensure Navy/AFA get signed without delay, or that Boise doesn't have the votes to get in.
Or that Boise wants to know that Air Force is in. AFA wants Navy. Navy wants to know what it is getting into. Which again, brings us back to the question, what's up with the $10MM exit fee? It's not enough to keep anyone in the conference. It must symbolize something. What?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
fleudslip, you forgot the hashtag. Please remember to include it in your jokes, or we will have to #BegHarder for you to remember it!

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Or that Boise wants to know that Air Force is in. AFA wants Navy. Navy wants to know what it is getting into. Which again, brings us back to the question, what's up with the $10MM exit fee? It's not enough to keep anyone in the conference. It must symbolize something. What?
There never was any money!

It's a complicated case. Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous.

The-Big-Lebowski_KB_Jeff-Bridges_jelly-shoes.bmp.jpg

Reaction Score
Easy dude... a bunch of people posted that, it was linked in a WV Gazette article. Sometimes reporter's sources are guessing or don't know for certain (or are in a conspiracy theory...)
Look he posted the negative crap. When we all said last season that we were "doomed" it was a unified joke that got us through a lot of animosity. We were in it together. I know that you have been on various UConn boards, and I respect your opinion.
He's a bit too "Casandra" for my taste!

Reaction Score
Sadly, I don't see this as a win. Voting from Louisville or WVU is a formality at this point, if they leave tomorrow they do NOT have to pay the extra 5 million. By the time Navy and figure out what's going out the Big 12 is back to 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom