Exhibition game next year? | The Boneyard

Exhibition game next year?

Reaction Score
Nan posted an incredible article in the news today about a DII teams that is tearing it up! They are averaging an even 100 points per game this year with 3500 total so far a one game to go. The coach started two years ago and is 103 and 2!

Wouldn’t it be fun to see them play our Huskies in a tuneup?!

(Lots of exclamation points in this post, I know). Wow!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Another possibility? How about a game with D3 power....year in/year out....2018 national champs...
right up the road...Amherst College?

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
If UConn played Yale in New Haven I might actually be able to see them play in person. Probably never happen though. Sigh.

Reaction Score
If UConn played Yale in New Haven I might actually be able to see them play in person. Probably never happen though. Sigh.

They played Southern Connecticut several years ago, so why not? (One of the SCSU players was doing her student teaching at my school, so I brought in my unused tickets for her scrapbook.)

Reaction Score
Nan posted an incredible article in the news today about a DII teams that is tearing it up! They are averaging an even 100 points per game this year with 3500 total so far a one game to go. The coach started two years ago and is 103 and 2!

Wouldn’t it be fun to see them play our Huskies in a tuneup?!

(Lots of exclamation points in this post, I know). Wow!
Unless I missed the "sarcasm" in the initial post, I would like to note: the article is about Ashland... UConn played them last fall in exhibition on Nov 5, 2017, final score was UConn 119, Ashland 56.

Sure they would be a great "tuneup"... but it's a little "been there, done that"...

Reaction Score
The Huskies beat DII Lubboch Christian by 56 points in a 2015 pre-season exhibition. Both teams went on to win national championships in their respective divisions that year. :)

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
UConn playing Yale could not be an exhibition game unless it were held behind closed doors and the public was not invited. The Ivy League is Division 1, and any game between Division 1 teams is a "real" game (not exhibition) if played with the general public being able to watch.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Another possibility? How about a game with D3 power....year in/year out....2018 national champs...
right up the road...Amherst College?

No, no. I have connections to Amherst and am thrilled for what their women`s program has accomplished, but no.

The difference in size, speed and athleticism is astounding.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Perhaps we're all getting older, or we just have short memories.
Nov 5, 2017 Uconn 119 Ashland 56
Didn't we play Ashland in pre-season '16-'17?
Pretty kool that two of the teams that UCONN has scrimmaged recently Ashland (2017) and Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) (2016) are now playing in the semifinals.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
UConn playing Yale could not be an exhibition game unless it were held behind closed doors and the public was not invited. The Ivy League is Division 1, and any game between Division 1 teams is a "real" game (not exhibition) if played with the general public being able to watch.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm usually out of town early in the women's bball season and away from the TV. But in theory UConn could still play Yale as an out of conference Div 1 prior to the conference season, though the result would probably be closer to an exhibition game.

Reaction Score
They played Southern Connecticut several years ago, so why not? (One of the SCSU players was doing her student teaching at my school, so I brought in my unused tickets for her scrapbook.)
Was SCSC division 2 at the time??

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ashland has won 73 straight games. The UCONN of D2 WBB. They play Central Missouri State for the D2 championship on Friday, 23 March, at 6:00 p m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time, on CBSSN.

Reaction Score
Unless I missed the "sarcasm" in the initial post, I would like to note: the article is about Ashland... UConn played them last fall in exhibition on Nov 5, 2017, final score was UConn 119, Ashland 56.

Sure they would be a great "tuneup"... but it's a little "been there, done that"...
No sarcasm intended, I didn’t remember! All the same big time kudos to the Ashland program.

Reaction Score
Also, Lubbock Christian, a D-2 exhibition opponent the year before Ashland, went to the Elite 8 of the division tournament this year and ended 32-2. I think they won it all the year they played UConn and Ashland won last year and plays for the D-2 championship against Central Missouri tonight (3/23)

As donalddoowop noted above, Ashland is on a 73 game win streak. They are undoubtedly bad for D-2 women's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom