Exercises to lessen acl tear frequency? | The Boneyard

Exercises to lessen acl tear frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some time ago I saw info about exercises that should lessen the chance of an acl tear. My 12 year old is trying so hard to make the girls 7th grade team at school this fall. I do not know where I saw the info and wondered if any of you have the info or the web site url. I want to give the info to the kids' coaches. Thanks if anyone can help.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Some time ago I saw info about exercises that should lessen the chance of an acl tear. My 12 year old is trying so hard to make the girls 7th grade team at school this fall. I do not know where I saw the info and wondered if any of you have the info or the web site url. I want to give the info to the kids' coaches. Thanks if anyone can help.

If you Google ACL strengthening excercises you can find several sites with info. Here is one. I remember reading the report several years ago. I think the regime was developed at Stanford(?). I'm not sure how successful the excercises are in preventing injury. I seem to remember Geno talking about it on one of his shows. IIRC he said that the team was doing the excercises but they were having just as many ACL injuries.

Reaction Score
Agreed. As far as I know, there has not been anything shown or proven to reduce ACL injuries.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Thanks all of you very much.
Might want to read Oldecoach's old post on the possible link between stretching and ACL injuries.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

Hey, mcannon1. Give me a call

at 802-462-3399. I have been studying this subject for 20 years +.

Oldecoach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger