Excited to see…? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Excited to see…?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that this team is one of best that Geno and CD have ever assembled and that they have a chance of not only winning #12, but also going undefeated while winning the NC. UConn has assembled 14 players that are some of the best in the Women's College Basketball. With Geno and CD at the helm and the hope of all 14 making it through the season injury free, this can be one of the most enjoyable seasons in years.

Reaction Score
My absolute #1 desire is to see a healthy Caroline. This doesn’t necessarily mean playing a,lot or even at all. I want to see her energized, able to fly to away games, all that.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new players, and lst year’s team healthy, but for me that all is secondary to the health of Caroline’s brain and neck.
I could not have said it better. Playing college basketball is trivial compared to being healthy for the rest of your life. I want Caroline to be healthy. Basketball? Not so important.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I’ve got to say, a few months ago I was really excited for the prospect of seeing Paige and Azzi play together again. Then, when Sarah came into the picture, I was super psyched to see her game help the team. Recently there have been articles about Jana and Kaitlyn. Omg. Jana sounds like she will be very dominating. And I am definitely excited after seeing clips of Kaitlyn’s game. Love how she moves on the court. I can’t wait to see them and how Geno fits the pieces together. Who are you most excited to see?
Still waiting to see Buecker and Fudd together. If we could get at least a season of that, I'd be happy.

Reaction Score
My absolute #1 desire is to see a healthy Caroline. This doesn’t necessarily mean playing a,lot or even at all. I want to see her energized, able to fly to away games, all that.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new players, and lst year’s team healthy, but for me that all is secondary to the health of Caroline’s brain and neck.
Well said. I am really looking forward to seeing a healthy Caroline. I agree she does not have to play a lot or at all. Just seeing her being with the team in all phases is a welcome sign that we all want for her.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Well said. I am really looking forward to seeing a healthy Caroline. I agree she does not have to play a lot or at all. Just seeing her being with the team in all phases is a welcome sign that we all want for her.
BUT ...If she is healthy and performs on the court like she did as a freshman, it will create a humongous traffic jam at the SF/PF positions: Paige (in a three-guard configuration with Kaitlyn and Azzi), Aubrey, Qadence, Sarah, Morgan, and Ayanna -- in addition to Caroline.

You can say that this is a good problem to have, but if all of these players are healthy and playing well in practice, I don't know how Geno will squeeze seven players into two positions.

And that leaves five guards to jam into two back court positions: Kaitlyn, Azzi, KK, Ashlynn, and Allie. That is another "good problem to have", but I am glad that it is Geno's problem and not mine.

Reaction Score
BUT ...If she is healthy and performs on the court like she did as a freshman, it will create a humongous traffic jam at the SF/PF positions: Paige (in a three-guard configuration with Kaitlyn and Azzi), Aubrey, Qadence, Sarah, Morgan, and Ayanna -- in addition to Caroline.

You can say that this is a good problem to have, but if all of these players are healthy and playing well in practice, I don't know how Geno will squeeze seven players into two positions.

And that leaves five guards to jam into two back court positions: Kaitlyn, Azzi, KK, Ashlynn, and Allie. That is another "good problem to have", but I am glad that it is Geno's problem and not mine.
I smell a minutes distribution thread coming on!

Reaction Score

It won't be a problem imo. Because with all of our "ifs" - if Caroline is "that good." And if Azzi is "that good." ANd Jana is "that good. And if Sarah is "that good" then UCONN is going ot have alot of blowouts vs even very good teams. Which means many players will play.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If Caroline is healthy, I'm sure Geno will not only ease her into the flow, but her minutes will be limited all season. With all of the talent available, he no longer will be forced to put people in because there is nobody else on the bench. I believe a healthy Caroline will not play more than 15 minutes a game. Her health must be protected, and just being able to contribute on the court will be a huge win for the team and her personally. Geno will have the ability to restrict the playing time for the kids according to their health and ability. We will not know anything until November, so I'm penciling in Caroline for a reserve role of 10-15 minutes a game. That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I realize summer is the time when expectations run wild, and the sky is forever blue. Given the recent past, I temper my hopes until the ball bounces for real in November. I can't recall a UConn roster that was stocked with more talent from 1 to 14. Based on pedigree, every player could anticipate significant playing time. However, playing time will depend on individual health and how quickly players find their niche in Geno's system.

On paper, this team is loaded with offensive fire power. With 5 newcomers (never played at UConn) & so many others returning from injury and/or rehab, the only "sure thing" in the lineup is Paige. Like others have mentioned, the team rode Paige to the Final Four. Unfortunately, the load she carried wore her down at the end. Fortunately, this season, Paige should be much fresher come tourney time to display her prodigious talents. Who will be riding shotgun with her will be determined during the season.

Given the overall weakness of the Big East, Geno will have the luxury to dole out playing time and experiment with different combinations. Against tougher competition, as per his customary want, he shortens the bench.

Obviously, there's a need for Jana to step up as she is the team's only true big. From video that I've seen, Ice looks determined and ready to blossom. If Azzi is healthy, we'll finally get to see the "dream" we've waited on of seeing a healthy Paige and Azzi playing together. I can also foresee Kaitlyn Chen getting minutes. I believe Geno has developed a certain comfort with grad transfers after the success of Dorka & LLS seamlessly blending in.

On another squad, both Allie & Morgan would see a lot of court time. However, a roster of 14 is a road jam, and while I might be wrong, I see their contributions coming next season. As a number 1 recruit, Sarah Strong will be on the floor. I can't wait to see UConn take the court with 3 #1 recruits.

As always, there will be surprises. Some players will step up, and others might need more time to develop into the players they are capable of. Regardless of who is the mix, I'd bet the ranch that Paige will be at the helm and leading the charge for title #12.

Reaction Score
As always, there will be surprises. Some players will step up, and others might need more time to develop into the players they are capable of. Regardless of who is the mix, I'd bet the ranch that Paige will be at the helm and leading the charge for title #12.
Amen to that! This is UConn basketball. From the beginning of the summer onwards, the focus is on the NC.

Reaction Score
If Caroline is healthy, I'm sure Geno will not only ease her into the flow, but her minutes will be limited all season. With all of the talent available, he no longer will be forced to put people in because there is nobody else on the bench. I believe a healthy Caroline will not play more than 15 minutes a game. Her health must be protected, and just being able to contribute on the court will be a huge win for the team and her personally. Geno will have the ability to restrict the playing time for the kids according to their health and ability. We will not know anything until November, so I'm penciling in Caroline for a reserve role of 10-15 minutes a game. That would be awesome.
Yep. I can see Caroline averaging 12-15 minutes this season. With the wealth of talent and depth at positions, no point in playing people 30-38 minutes a game, unless a game(s) requires certain players playing those types of minutes. But I am looking forward to just seeing Caroline out there on the court or bench, all season, road and home games, with the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom