Excited for the game...how much NFL talent for Uconn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Excited for the game...how much NFL talent for Uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
No, he made it up because facts like this are just so hard to check.

In his defense, he has probably been reading the BYU sports reporters.

Reaction Score
Are you sure Uconn has that many NFL players? I don't know, that really surprises me.

Why would that surprise you.

Prior to the last coaching regime which was so bad they didn't last through 2 1/2 seasons UCONN had been to 5 straight bowl games, won two conference championships and been to a BCS bowl. During that time we beat programs like Baylor (w/ RGIII 2x), S. Carolina, Virginia, Pitt., Louisville, WVU, Syracuse (5 straight), ND, I could go on...

You are probably like a lot of college football fans and think of UCONN as a basketball school. We've played some excellent football since stepping up into the FCS. Oh, and the recruiting sites are about meaningless in assessing talent.

Reaction Score
Umm, I have to apologize for the fan who opened up this thread...I wish I could say for sure that it really is a Utah fan trying to make all BYU fans look like morons. It's almost like he is saying that BYU has tons of NFL talent so therefore we will win. Realistically, we have no particular ground to stand on when it comes to putting players into the NFL and the reality is that in the college game having NFL talent is not the be-all-and-end-all when it comes to having a successful season. If it were then BYU would be screwed because we simply haven't put that many players into the NFL, especially in recent years.

That aside, what that fans post reminds me of is one 10-year-old kid boasting to his friend down the street that his dad's truck is better because it has 20 cylinders when in actuality that kid has no clue what he is talking about.

I'm embarrassed for him and how that post makes BYU football fans look clueless.

If he is a Utah fan in BYU clothing he did a great job at accomplishing his goal of making us look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom