Exceptionally good news for Syracuse | The Boneyard

Exceptionally good news for Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By losing today, they won't have to face the shame and embarrassment of being an unprotected 10 seed NCAA champion. As their message board addressed after UConn's 2014 championship, anything lower than a protected 5 seed is worthless and illegitimate.

No one wants the Orange fan base to endure that pain.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
By losing today, they won't have to face the shame and embarrassment of being an unprotected 10 seed NCAA champion. As their message board addressed after UConn's 2014 championship, anything lower than a protected 5 seed is worthless and illegitimate.

No one wants the Orange fan base to endure that pain.

wow, so it's a thing with those idiots!!!!

A Cuse fan actually said to me our two last championships shouldn't count, I thought he was just joking, I didn't know that's what them there wannabes actually talk about

toooooo damn funny

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On Syracusefan.com, it was, and is, a thing. As they say these days: cray cray.

willie99

Reaction Score
in 2011 we were BET champs, sent them home, and were a 3 seed

we participated in three tournaments, we won three tournaments, and they mock that? too damn funny

when they won their one NC, we beat them twice including sending them home in the BET

all so damn weird, maybe it's the snow

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shout out to 'cuse. They are a crooked program who should have received the death penalty after a decade long triple scandal that included, drugs, illegal payments to players, and an falsifying academic records. But they had a nice run this year. I, for one, admire their plucky grittiness.

Reaction Score
Went by and read the Syracuse boards, and surprised on how they are handling the loss. They actually are...civil for one.

As much as we hate them, you still have to give them credit for their run.

willie99

Reaction Score
Went by and read the Syracuse boards, and surprised on how they are handling the loss. They actually are...civil for one.

As much as we hate them, you still have to give them credit for their run.

reasonable minds would respect them

but when they argue our championships don't count and Syracuse is now the College Basketball Center of the Universe, why do we need to be reasonable? I choose to laugh at them instead

Reaction Score
They should be handling the loss fine - it was house money. They were fortunate to even have been in the tourney, got another huge gift when Michigan St lost, and had a couple late comebacks against Gonzaga & Virginia. Went farther than they should, but credit to them for taking advantage of the opportunity.

willie99

Reaction Score
They were a nice plucky mid-major with a George Mason type run.

I remember Mason fans in my face after that game, while I'm advising them to cherish the moment and enjoy the run, they're talking about how they expected all of this and we were overrated

I would love to meet them again

kids, never been there before, never will be there again, they just didn't know it

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
wow, so it's a thing with those idiots!!!!

A Cuse fan actually said to me our two last championships shouldn't count, I thought he was just joking, I didn't know that's what them there wannabes actually talk about

toooooo damn funny
Plus they think their women's team is winning the national championship.
OT: Good Luck To The Women's Team!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
reasonable minds would respect them

but when they argue our championships don't count and Syracuse is now the College Basketball Center of the Universe, why do we need to be reasonable? I choose to laugh at them instead
you are on fire tonight

Reaction Score
Shout out to 'cuse. They are a crooked program who should have received the death penalty after a decade long triple scandal that included, drugs, illegal payments to players, and an falsifying academic records. But they had a nice run this year. I, for one, admire their plucky grittiness.
UVA is going to hate Syarcuse for a long time now. UNC fans will torture UVA fans with their loss to SU this postseason.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've got two people in Cuse shirts behind me at the bar right now. Too bad they didn't bring a second shirt to put over the top and save themselves the embarrassment of wearing that in WeHa- the middle of winners' country.

Reaction Score
Syracusefan.com is where delusion reigns supreme. They actually think they have a great chance at Hamidou Diallo.

In their eyes, our 2014 title shouldn't count and the helms trophies should count twice.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It was a hell of a run for them and they should be proud of their team, but yeah, Syracuse fans are always using our two underdogs runs as some sort of slight when their last two final four runs fetched even longer odds.

yep hell of a run
beat a couple of meh teams and did surprise UVA
When they win 5 straight ACC tournament games and run the NCAA tables vs high seeded team then they can come to the table and talk. Also you can't enter the conference room with 1 title - a borrowed one at that
Cuse fans are such dbs
BTW - IF Syracuse women happen to reach the final - will UConn be favored by less than 50?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've got two people in Cuse shirts behind me at the bar right now. Too bad they didn't bring a second shirt to put over the top and save themselves the embarrassment of wearing that in WeHa- the middle of winners' country.

I was in a bar with about 100 other Cuse fans. It was me, a friend, and some guy who would win a $1,000 bracket pool if UNC won. Everyone else on the other side.

The silence at the end was delicious. Only way it could have been better would have been if Cuse had gotten their hearts ripped out at the buzzer. But a solid beat down was nice nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Too bad they didn't have the national "consolation" game still so they could have an accurate number on their newest tee shirts.

Instead:

"We Are Number 3 or 4 in 2016"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member