Excellent Video Of Bigs (Centers and Forwards) - Adama, Donovan, Samson, Alex and Ritchie. Commentary and Assessment by Luke and Tom in this video. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Excellent Video Of Bigs (Centers and Forwards) - Adama, Donovan, Samson, Alex and Ritchie. Commentary and Assessment by Luke and Tom in this video.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Springs, it's just hard to see meaningful minutes behind Adama, DC, Johnson, and Karaban. Love his loyalty and how much he seems to have bought in but he needs to earn minutes away from one or more of those guys.
This seems right to me. Not a bad player, just a guy surrounded by better players. A few years back, he likely could have been a starter ahead of guys like Kwintin or Yawke.

Reaction Score
Polley was the same size and 3 point threat that Karaban is right? He was described at various points as best shooter on the team, knockdown 3 man, the list goes on and on. He had great games for us but still we are building up this kid before he plays, before we've seen him in BE action.

Reaction Score
That's by car. Only 1232 km by plane!
I asked around and here is what I was told
It's very far away
It takes about a half a day
To get there
If we travel by my dragonfly

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Polley was the same size and 3 point threat that Karaban is right? He was described at various points as best shooter on the team, knockdown 3 man, the list goes on and on. He had great games for us but still we are building up this kid before he plays, before we've seen him in BE action.
Yep.

It's impossible to completely predict how high school play will translate at the college level.
It's impossible to completely predict if the current roster will help or hurt Alex's game.

But put me in the category of projecting Karaban as having a more complete game than Tyler.

I'm willing to take my sub casual fan perspective lumps if I'm wrong.
It's also helpful knowing I'm partially shielded by @husky429 similar opinion!

Reaction Score
Polley has never been described as skilled and he wasn't. Karaban is more skilled as a freshman than Polley was as a 5th year senior. My expectations are that Karaban makes ~35% or so from 3 on decent volume.

Reaction Score
Totally different players. Karaban is sort of a jack of all trades offensive player. He can shoot, put it on the floor, and mix it up down low. He had some trouble finishing against athleticism down low in the Peach Jam games I watched but you could tell it's a part of his game. All Polley could do was shoot threes and he hated mixing it up. Karaban also rebounds which Polley never did.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's what we do. And then every once in a while, we get great satisfaction when we are right.

Reaction Score
Of course we all want Alex to be all these things and I’m sure he has good skills but so much of this rests on a kid’s confidence and mindset in game pressure situations. Some players just tighten up and can’t make the shots in game while in practice they can’t miss. Polley was probably like that then he would get in games and miss his first 8 shots. We saw him go off too. And then there’s the pressure of getting playing time if the shots don’t fall and it starts to compound. You would think that this would not be much of an issue for players who have been doing it for so long but it always is. Hurley does not have the luxury of just leaving players out there because everybody on that bench wants their chance too but many times I wish he would.

Reaction Score
Can someone describe Richie Springs game and what he needs to do to make an impact (i.e. get minutes). He red-shirted, played only 13 games in his 2 seasons. He's got size and weight, strength(?). Most importantly he didn't transfer when 'everyone else' did. Which means he is a loyal Husky!

Sometimes players simply love the game/team and the gym and just enjoy playing competitive basketball.

Anybody following him and his development?
I know no one deserves anything but what they work for but that kid deserves minutes. Hes been a good teammate, has not complained about playing time and showed his loyalty by not leaving. I love that kid and hope he plays. He doesnt look like a stiff he has talent and should be able to contribute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom