Excelle Sports Top 10 List | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Excelle Sports Top 10 List

Reaction Score
This is a particularly superficial poll missing many key issues as a number of folks have pointed out: no mention of UConn red shirts, glossing over Baylor's personnel losses to put them at #2 (from the looks of their schedule Kim certainly doesn't think the Bears are #2), focusing on the TX freshmen while ignoring their outstanding veteran guard tandem, etc. Sort of a "puff" piece IMO.

But as Bags27 said (and I modify here) --it gave us, UN-initiated (me), something to drag our attention back to WBB again, if only for a short time-(Bags wasnt that long winded).
The TX guards last season were more fun to watch than their bigs--and usually more productive.
I wondered why Baylor were ranked higher than Tx--thanks.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
1. UCONN
2. SC
3. Texas
4. Mississippi State
5. Baylor
6. Notre Dame
7. Oregon
8. UCLA
9. Duke
10. Maryland

I think that's where I am right now...

I really like Texas this year.. I need Aston to show she's ready to take that next step.. Miss State brings back a powerful trio with experience.. they lose depth but they are going to be tough again.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just throwing out some random questions/observations from my point of view.

1. Baylor--I expect a formidable front line of Brown and Lauren Cox--then what??? Wallace will likely be the PG but who backs her up?? Will likely depend on which freshman can adjust the quickest. They do have a pair of freshman PGs in Alexis Morris and Cara Ursin.

2. Marquette--wont sneak up on people this year. I think could capture the Big East title this year. Those freshman and sophomores add a year and a smart young coach. I think the 18-19 could be the banner year for them as they add a formidable post player in McCoy.

3. Tennessee--I have NO idea what product they will put on the floor. They have freshman coming in at all the guard spots which could go either way. Team chemistry has always somewhat been lacking for them. If they don't make it this year is it then the coach??? We will see.

4. Mississippi State--I think will be just fine. They have a core 3 of William-McGowan-Vivians. Thats a great nucleus. They have Ro Williams and Jordan Danberry (Arkansas transfer) should be eligible by SEC time.

5. I think Duke will be a top 10 team as Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell will lead them. Adding a grad transfer from Fresno State will fill the inexperience lost in the post. While we are are talking Duke--who will grab the ACC this season. ND depends on Turner! How will FSU look??

6. Texas--Can Aston put this team together and have a magical season with 9 McDonalds AA's and the 10th coming at end of fall semester.

I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON TO START!!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just throwing out some random questions/observations from my point of view.

1. Baylor--I expect a formidable front line of Brown and Lauren Cox--then what??? Wallace will likely be the PG but who backs her up?? Will likely depend on which freshman can adjust the quickest. They do have a pair of freshman PGs in Alexis Morris and Cara Ursin.

2. Marquette--wont sneak up on people this year. I think could capture the Big East title this year. Those freshman and sophomores add a year and a smart young coach. I think the 18-19 could be the banner year for them as they add a formidable post player in McCoy.

3. Tennessee--I have NO idea what product they will put on the floor. They have freshman coming in at all the guard spots which could go either way. Team chemistry has always somewhat been lacking for them. If they don't make it this year is it then the coach??? We will see.

4. Mississippi State--I think will be just fine. They have a core 3 of William-McGowan-Vivians. Thats a great nucleus. They have Ro Williams and Jordan Danberry (Arkansas transfer) should be eligible by SEC time.

5. I think Duke will be a top 10 team as Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell will lead them. Adding a grad transfer from Fresno State will fill the inexperience lost in the post. While we are are talking Duke--who will grab the ACC this season. ND depends on Turner! How will FSU look??

6. Texas--Can Aston put this team together and have a magical season with 9 McDonalds AA's and the 10th coming at end of fall semester.

I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON TO START!!!!!

I skimmed your post too quickly... an thought you had Duke at #5 ;):p

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think that Texas has one of the most talented teams. Even without Holmes for part of the year. They have a player in Patterson.
Tennessee has Nared and Russell back. I think the freshman Hayes, and Westbrook are going to play a lot. Green is a post player I'm wanting to see how she does.
Stanford is another team that I think will be real good.
South Carolina. Wilson is back. They lost a big part of the offense that went on the run in the tournament last year. They will need some players to step up.
UConn certainly has a real talented team. Also will be real good and hard to beat.
These are just a few thoughts.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know, just saying they were fortunate to escape by the hair of their beaks in the 1st round.---

I didn't see that game, but I heard they were fortunate to escape. I think Tourney history is littered w/ stories like that. If Oregon hadn't narrowly beaten Temple, they couldn't have upset Duke and Maryland. But they did.

Reaction Score
You're right, MilfordHusky. How could you not mention Azura and Batouly? It's beyond me as they will be major contributors this year.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Nuyoika posted it. Always fun to have something--anything--to read and/or talk about.

What I find amazing about it, however, is no mention of the RS on UConn. Certainly, by then Z had managed to create an incredible amount of buzz with Rebecca and esp. Kara. Of course, with what Geno has said since, expectations are beyond the roof.

I tend to agree with you. But as Bags27 said it's nice to have something/anything about WBB to talk about--or we'll all end up in the cesspool (again).

I agree with you both 100%, the OP asked for anyone's thoughts on the topic and those were mine. :) No attack on the OP or the topic meant. Thought I made it clear but then again a forum of printed word can easily be misunderstood.

Take the comment from triaddukefan for instance. Had we been talking she would have clearly heard Gray or Grey which pretty much sound the same. Had she read the article before commenting it would have been clear the only player with a name that came close to my typo was the one from SC.
She can be very happy though because Duke did get first on the just missed list. ;)

Again I agree, it beats a thread on songs about polls............:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom