Exactly how good is Mo'ne Davis??? | The Boneyard

Exactly how good is Mo'ne Davis???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is just entering the 9th grade correct? Exactly how good is she at basketball? We have seen her pitch... but how is she at bball? Anyone seen her play?
She would be the class of 2018???

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She said that she is better at basketball than baseball. That would be interesting to see.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There was a bit of video on the board three weeks ago, maybe two.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
And her COACHES said in the SI article that she was better at basketball and also better than the boys her age. May mean nothing in the long run, but I'm pulling for her. Love her determination and go-for-it attitude.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Who knows which kid is going to continue getting better and better as she gets older, and which isn't? Kids change so much from 12/13 to 17/18. Some get taller, better coordinated, quicker, etc., some don't. Right now, for her age, Mo'ne seems like a very likely prospect, and I hope sincerely that she will get her wish to be the Husky's point guard, but who knows?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She is just entering the 9th grade correct? Exactly how good is she at basketball? We have seen her pitch... but how is she at bball? Anyone seen her play?
She would be the class of 2018???
She is just enter eighth grade not ninth. So I believe class of 2019

Reaction Score
Who knows which kid is going to continue getting better and better as she gets older, and which isn't? Kids change so much from 12/13 to 17/18. Some get taller, better coordinated, quicker, etc., some don't. Right now, for her age, Mo'ne seems like a very likely prospect, and I hope sincerely that she will get her wish to be the Husky's point guard, but who knows?
That's such an important point. NO 12 year old is good enough to compete at this level (Maybe with the exception of EDD who developed very early and a few others), so every assessment is a projection of growth. Sometimes kids continue to develop as expected, and sometimes they don't. I'm reminded of Samarie Walker who was the #1 kid in her class for a while, compared to Stewie who, as I recall, didn't really get noticed until her Junior year.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ah, the deams, the dreams!

Reaction Score
From all the stories I've read, her coaches have said what separates her from other athletes her age (13) is how intelligent she is in how she plays the game! She obviously is a good athlete but more into the learning the game and applying those ideas into her game! BB coach compared her to the way Steve Nash plays BB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe Mo'Ne said that baseball was her THIRD best sport. Basketball was the best, followed by soccer. Yikes!!

Reaction Score
I'm not even sure it matters. We're talking about a kid who has never played even high school level competition, who may or may not be a sort of early bloomer, who at 13 years old and about 5'4" may or may not have already stopped growing. At this stage current success isn't a perfect predictor of future success. There are a ton of variables, most importantly how she progresses the next two years or so compared to the rest of her class.

Reaction Score
Against all odds, I predict that Mo'Ne will be a UConn BB guard in 2019. Whether she is starting is yet to be determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom