Ex-LSU women's basketball standout Danielle Ballard, 29, dies | The Boneyard

Ex-LSU women's basketball standout Danielle Ballard, 29, dies

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Former LSU women's basketball standout Danielle Ballard died after being struck by a car early Thursday morning in her hometown of Memphis, the university confirmed. Ballard, 29, was hit as a pedestrian and the driver of the car remained on the scene. The accident is under investigation.

1689284270361.png

Reaction Score
Former LSU women's basketball standout Danielle Ballard died after being struck by a car early Thursday morning in her hometown of Memphis, the university confirmed. Ballard, 29, was hit as a pedestrian and the driver of the car remained on the scene. The accident is under investigation.

View attachment 89698

I was just coming to see if this was up yet. I live in Memphis now and this is all over the news. So sad and tragic.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sad to hear. I remember her, though vaguely.

There have been a lot of pedestrian deaths and injuries in Tucson over the last few years, and I'm sure it is happening all over.

Reaction Score
Very sad news. Sending my condolences to everyone impacted by this tragedy, especially Ballard's family.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Gutted. Sending my condolences to the Ballard family. Glad the driver did the responsible thing and stayed. I was afraid this was a hit and run at first.

Reaction Score
Latieshica Douglas says she and a friend had just left Blue Ice, a nearby lounge when they noticed, Ballard walking in the middle of the street in distress.

“So we holler out the window like ‘Baby, you got to get out the street. You’re in the street,’ and she just kept hollering ‘I can’t see, I can’t see,'” Douglas said.
Douglas says Ballard told them she had been pepper sprayed by security at the lounge, but as they went to help it was too late.

“By the time we reached for the door handles, the car was coming at like 70 mph and ran her over like she was a speed bump,” Douglas said.

Terrible

sun

Reaction Score
This event led me to wonder if the LSU WBB team will memorialize her in some way this season.
Perhaps by displaying her initials on their uniforms like some pro teams do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom