Ewing receives contract extension | The Boneyard

Ewing receives contract extension

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
This was known, not sure why this is being reported today. Anyways, if Georgetown and Ewing care about their basketball program they will part ways at the end of the season.

MJ1

Reaction Score
He deserves one more year, if his young team stay’s together and comes back. Unfortunately, this has not happened in the past, but this team likes each other and seems to be onboard with coach. Winning last year’s BET bought him another year. I’m rooting for him.

Reaction Score
He deserves one more year, if his young team stay’s together and comes back. Unfortunately, this has not happened in the past, but this team likes each other and seems to be onboard with coach. Winning last year’s BET bought him another year. I’m rooting for him.
I am rooting for Ewing as well as I am a Big East nostalgic person. His recruiting is very good, but for wherever reasons he has a player retention problem. Imagine if he was able to keep Wigan and Akinjo, not to mention Mac Mclung

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Ewing as well as I am a Big East nostalgic person. His recruiting is very good, but for wherever reasons he has a player retention problem. Imagine if he was able to keep Wigan and Akinjo, not to mention Mac Mclung
Damn autocorrect. It should say Wuhab not Wigan.

Reaction Score
I think it's great if he stays. The chicken-egg correlation of success with coaches or players is so hard to prove. Ewing had success. It's obvious that a proven coach can change a team around but I've seen endless examples of legendary coaches failing to create a winning culture. Point, how important is a coach compared to big time talent? Look at the NBA. Did Ty Liu, and Steve Kerr- or LeBron and C make the difference? Did John Fox or Peyton Manning? Did Bazz or Ollie? Did Dave Roberts or the 2 billion dollar payroll?
-disclaimer. I'm not trolling. I've just always wondered this.

Reaction Score
What coach in his 5th year loses 15 straight games and keeps his job?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gives the impression of stability and in a piss or tread water situation, Gtown has sided with Ewing.

The stability may mean permanently in the basement but it's still stability.

Reaction Score
Chief has always been a big Patrick Ewing fan. I know the results are poor this season but I do think he has the character and the potential to turn things around. A great guy.

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing was a great player, but is a nightmare as a Head Coach. His Team is 6-20 this year and 0-15 in the Big East. I have no idea how you can possibly conclude that he should be back next year.

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing was a great player, but is a nightmare as a Head Coach. His Team is 6-20 this year and 0-15 in the Big East. I have no idea how you can possibly conclude that he should be back next year.
Yet they managed to beat Cuse, lol.

Ya, it is shocking they would have extended him. Wonder how the fans feel.

Reaction Score
Like the guy but he’s not at all a good coach needs to be let go. No way that team should be 0-16 or whatever in the BE. Good PG, Mohamed, Cary, kid that shoots lights out coming off the bench, 3 serviceable 5s..... horrible job of coaching. A lucky run last year and they pulled the trigger way too early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom