Evina's WNBA preseason game performance deserves her own thread after we gave one to Liv | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina's WNBA preseason game performance deserves her own thread after we gave one to Liv

Reaction Score
Jade Melbourne is not playing in WNBA this year, she will come next year.

I agree I would cut Harrigan, Burke and Prince. Prince hardly play last year, and her wages is a lot higher than a rookie
They need to keep 5 guards Sue is 41, January is 35, and Prince is 34. Loyd is 28, there is no way the first 3 make it through 36 regular season games without time off. That is why they need E.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What’s up with Cox? Is she hurt?
Not that I’m aware of. Basically, it comes down to numbers. The W has spots for only 144 of the very best players in the world. Team budgets are limited and rookies are cheaper than veterans. So a player like Cox has 2-3 seasons to establish herself as a “star” in the W or the league moves on to a younger player.

Hoping that Liv is that younger player. But make no mistake about it, if Liv makes the team as a rookie, in 2-3 seasons she could be in the same position as Cox, unless she takes her game to the next level.

Reaction Score
Having a great passer to run the offense through that is also a solid defender doesn't seem unique but for some of the teams that are made up totally of shooters, this would be a step up. If Liv can get that 12-footer from the key to go in more regularly, she could have a solid career.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not that I’m aware of. Basically, it comes down to numbers. The W has spots for only 144 of the very best players in the world. Team budgets are limited and rookies are cheaper than veterans. So a player like Cox has 2-3 seasons to establish herself as a “star” in the W or the league moves on to a younger player.

Hoping that Liv is that younger player. But make no mistake about it, if Liv makes the team as a rookie, in 2-3 seasons she could be in the same position as Cox, unless she takes her game to the next level.
I think it was brought up earlier in this thread by a BY'r who follows the international game that she did not perform as well as could be expected in international play on a Spanish League team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it was brought up earlier in this thread by a BY'r who follows the international game that she did not perform as well as could be expected in international play on a Spanish League team.
Cox was a great college player. But like a lot of great college players, the next level requires a significantly better level of skill and athleticism. It’s worth noting that both Megan Gustafson and Elissa Cunane, both of whom were 1st team AA post players, were also waived by their respective teams in the past few days.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cox was a great college player. But like a lot of great college players, the next level requires a significantly better level of skill and athleticism. It’s worth noting that both Megan Gustafson and Elissa Cunane, both of whom were 1st team AA post players, were also waived by their respective teams in the past few days.
I also wonder if her medical (diabetic) issues might be an issue away from her medical people?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I also wonder if her medical (diabetic) issues might be an issue away from her medical people?
Don’t know. But like many Type 1 Diabetics, I’m sure that managing her diabetes is a 24/7 activity for Cox.

Reaction Score
Yay, Evina!!! I’m sorry for Raina. I always liked her game. And I’m stunned to hear Cunane was waived. I think we haven’t heard the last of her.
If you have watched the WNBA since 2018 Seattle, no true low post player. 2019 Washington the same, 2020 Seattle again, last year 2021 Chicago same. Each of those teams had a dominating 3 or 4 that could score, pass, rebound, Stewie, EDD, and Parker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom