Evina's knee? | The Boneyard

Evina's knee?

Reaction Score
All,

Does anyone know the specifics of what is wrong with Evina's knee, and the specifics of the two surgeries?

She had surgery some time ago. Then, in January, she had a second surgery.

Now we hear that she is "day to day" and "not 100%."

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I never read that. Where did it originate?

Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sade Wiley Gatewood. Former #2 overall recruit who developed knee issues that never seem to go away. She also transferred from Tennessee.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Perhaps this is the comment you are referring. From "The Day" on Aug., 11; "She just worked and worked and worked," Auriemma said. "Now when I watch her out here, she's not 100%, she probably still feels it, but man, her competitiveness just really stands out. I couldn't be happier. She's been great, absolutely great."

Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sade Wiley Gatewood. Former #2 overall recruit who developed knee issues that never seem to go away. She also transferred from Tennessee.
We've seen our share with Caroline, Batouly, even Tuck. The players have multiple surgeries to try to fix something their bodies weren't designed to do. Evina may be in that category where some days she feels like she can go, and other days not so much. Hopefully Paige is a fast study.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's hard to interpret this. It could be as innocuous as E has been cleared to play, but is still doing some form of recovery or rehab. The trend is in the right direction, and her condition is as expected, but she's not at the end of the process. Until she gets there, some days may be better than others and there may be some discomfort along the way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For Evina it is the elephant in the closet. Been waiting for someone to raise it. Until she is scrimmaging hard for some time she won't know how things are with that knee. Got my fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
It's hard to interpret this. It could be as innocuous as E has been cleared to play, but is still doing some form of recovery or rehab. The trend is in the right direction, and her condition is as expected, but she's not at the end of the process. Until she gets there, some days may be better than others and there may be some discomfort along the way.

Reaction Score
Milford, you net it out well. For any of us that have had knee or arm/shoulder operations, there usually are residual aches and pains, some that never go away. The younger you are, the better the chances of quicker rehab, but suspect Evina will have to be doing strengthening exercises for some time. She will be unlikely to say she is 100% until she knows how her body recovers from UConn practices and game action. Since Evina is doesn't fully know her status today, not sure Boneyard speculation adds any value.

Reaction Score
I interpret it more as needing to build strength, endurance, and mental confidence in the knee. I can't put words to how hard it is to build back strength after going multiple months unable to train fully. It's such a crazy feeling for someone use to being a competitive athlete.

The mental part is also super crazy. In recovery, it's like every little feeling or twinge or fall freaks you out like maybe you're hurt again. It leads to being tentative.

So for me 100% means more than just the result of the surgery. It's that plus strength and conditioning plus being confident in your body plus just getting back that muscle memory of executing basketball skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom