Evina Westbrook Signed By Minnesota - Hardship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook Signed By Minnesota - Hardship

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Angel McCoughtry's contract was just bought out by Minnesota and she was released. Evidently they weren't satisfied with her recovery from knee surgery. Evina's signing makes more sense now. More info here (might be inside a paywall):

Same article has an Evina blurb

The last time Evina Westbrook was in Minneapolis, she was starting for a Connecticut team that reached the NCAA championship game against eventual champion South Carolina at Target Center April 3.

Saturday she'll be in a Lynx uniform about to make her WNBA debut.

"I'm glad for the opportunity,'' she said. "Glad to be here.''

A versatile guard who can defend bigger guards, Westbrook was the 21st overall pick in the 2022 draft, taken by Seattle. After being waived, she decided to play 3-on-3 basketball for Team USA. She had just flown from her Oregon home to Massachusetts when she heard the Lynx were interested.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Lynx game the other night. Reeve called a time out very late in the game (it was basically over) and called a play. The players didn't run the play and the coach was visibly pissed off. I think some heads were going to roll after that game.

Reaction Score
Seasons is still super young and lots of young talent has been cut. I'm bias but I'd sign Evina to a long term contract. I'd also sign Cunane as well as others that have been cut (maybe Tea Cooper, Chelsea or Arella). Lastly, just bring back Crystal. I get tanking tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom