Evina: honored? | The Boneyard

Evina: honored?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I was not able to watch the game but I understand that Evina was not honored as a senior.
Do you think that is in any way a significant indication that she is planning to come back next year?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The deal is that you get only one 'Senior Night' honor at Uconn so those players who have an option get to chose. But even if a red shirt player has already decided to leave, the psychology of taking an 'early' senior night might give them pause - it likely would change team dynamic in some fashion heading into the post season. And in a year with no fans in attendance it is probably a less special honor.

So, I don't think we have any indicator for Evina.

On a 'where do I get drafted' basis she might be tempted to declare now in a less than stellar class over next year's supposedly better class.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The deal is that you get only one 'Senior Night' honor at Uconn so those players who have an option get to chose. But even if a red shirt player has already decided to leave, the psychology of taking an 'early' senior night might give them pause - it likely would change team dynamic in some fashion heading into the post season. And in a year with no fans in attendance it is probably a less special honor.

So, I don't think we have any indicator for Evina.

On a 'where do I get drafted' basis she might be tempted to declare now in a less than stellar class over next year's supposedly better class.

Tuck participated in her senior night even though she had a year of eligibility left. She knew she was graduating and headed to the W.

That season ended pretty well.

Reaction Score
The announces have no clue. Geno probably doesn't even know. How does anyone know at this early stage that no one transfers, leaves for overseas or the WNBA early?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tuck participated in her senior night even though she had a year of eligibility left. She knew she was graduating and headed to the W.

That season ended pretty well.
Yeah, but she also had two classmates who she had been with for 4 years and wanted to experience the night together as a trio, so the decision to enter the draft might not have been made prior to senior night. Different situation from Evina as her 'classmate' had left early last year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The announces have no clue. Geno probably doesn't even know. How does anyone know at this early stage that no one transfers, leaves for overseas or the WNBA early?
Who is eligible to leave for the WNBA other than Westbrook?

Reaction Score
I think her and maybe Anna. Not sure if Nika qualifies, though nothing technically stops any of them from going overseas to play until they are.
Makurat is too young, she is not eligible for the WNBA draft, she could pursue a pro career overseas though. I'm not speculating, just speaking in regards to eligibility.

Reaction Score
Makurat is too young, she is not eligible for the WNBA draft, she could pursue a pro career overseas though. I'm not speculating, just speaking in regards to eligibility.
Someone mentioned that the draft requirements are lower for foreign players, and with Anna turning 21 in just days, I think she would meet those requirements, but someone who knows all of the eligibility rules can verify or clarify.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned that the draft requirements are lower for foreign players, and with Anna turning 21 in just days, I think she would meet those requirements, but someone who knows all of the eligibility rules can verify or clarify.

I believe it was said once they play in colleges here, they have to follow the US rules

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Evina is the only one eligible this year

Correct. Evina is old enough to go. Or she could come back for 1 year. Or she could use the Covid exception and come back for 2 more years.

The 2022 eligibles include Evina (if she is still at UConn), Liv, Christyn, and Anna. All could stay another year, and Anna could stay 2 more years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom