Evina and Athletes Unlimited | The Boneyard

Evina and Athletes Unlimited

Reaction Score
For those not familiar with how this works, she will play three games with this team and earn points based on team accomplishments and individual stats. The top four players in points after three games will be a team captain and get to draft players for the teams in next week's games. Evina sits in 7th with 395 points, 37 short of a captain's spot.

Reaction Score
Glad this is on the WNBA app for streaming. Missed most of it because I was focused on ACC and SEC games last night. Good to hear Evina did well last night.

Reaction Score
Evina did well again, but stayed in 6th place with 1242 points so she does not get to be a captain. NaLyssa Smith took her in the 2nd round of the Week 2 draft and interestingly managed to snag the two players who were highest in the standings with the 2nd and 7th picks.

Reaction Score
Thought it was cool of Williams to sit out a large portion of the team's final game to give Evina more time at the point position and to earn more points. I like how these teams collaborate in this format. It seems to provide more opportunities for some players to develop in comparison to the WNBA season.

Reaction Score
Evina's new team won, but she did not put up huge individual stats so she sits in 7th, needing 262 points to jump into 4th place.

Reaction Score
Evina is on the losing side of a game for the first time. Even though it was only a six point game, they lost three of the quarters so the point totals were not great for her team and she drops to 11th in the standings.

I know that a thread was disappeared earlier in the day because the starter was not exactly culturally aware of American terminology and phrased a post extremely indelicately, but I did want to bring up the actual ESPN article being linked. I am not going to research every player from before Evina, but the article's claim probably should have been a bit more specific and said that Evina was the first Mexican-American player drafted by the WNBA. Raina Perez is also Mexican-American and they signed their WNBA contracts on the same day and Perez was actually the first of the two to actually appear in a game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Evina is on the losing side of a game for the first time. Even though it was only a six point game, they lost three of the quarters so the point totals were not great for her team and she drops to 11th in the standings.

I know that a thread was disappeared earlier in the day because the starter was not exactly culturally aware of American terminology and phrased a post extremely indelicately, but I did want to bring up the actual ESPN article being linked. I am not going to research every player from before Evina, but the article's claim probably should have been a bit more specific and said that Evina was the first Mexican-American player drafted by the WNBA. Raina Perez is also Mexican-American and they signed their WNBA contracts on the same day and Perez was actually the first of the two to actually appear in a game.
We UConn fans didn’t realize Rebecca Lobo was Latina until she graduated. It’s always great to learn more about our astounding Huskies

Reaction Score
Evina is on the winning side again and stays at 10th in the standings after Week 2. The Week 3 draft is on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Evina gets drafted in the fourth round this time by Odyssey Sims. She will also have to get used to a different color as she will be on the Gold team after two weeks on Blue.

Reaction Score
Evina's new team wins their first game, but she did not have a big individual stats game so she slips a spot to 11th.

Reaction Score
Evina's team lost on Friday so she slipped a spot to 12th. They won on Saturday, but she did not have a big individual game so she is in 13th ahead of Sunday's draft.

Reaction Score
Back to blue for Evina in Week 4 after Kierstan Bell picked her in the 4th round.

Reaction Score
i guess off topic, but anyone else surprised no other UConn players in this league? i wonder what christyn williams is up to, thought this would be a league for her to get in to before the W season, then realized she was on no roster or TC invite...

Reaction Score
Evina had a tough night with enough negative plays to actually earn fewer points than she would have without playing at all. She is still in 13th ahead of the last week of play.

Reaction Score
Evina participates in a solid win for team, but it is going to be hard for her to climb above 13th.

Reaction Score
It was a tough game for the whole team so Evina slips to 14th with one game to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom