Evina’s HS Work Ethic | The Boneyard

Evina’s HS Work Ethic

Reaction Score
Training session conducted in Colorado’s thin air while still in high school....Evina will fit in just fine with UConn’s training and practice expectations....I recall her McDonald’s AA game interview when she talked about playing defense and shutting down the opponent’s top performer was her favorite part of her game....let’s hope that the NCAA finds in your favor and allows immediate eligibility....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think also that next year this will be a pressing, transition team., but that doesn't mean there won't a lot of 4 out/cutting in the quarter court. This team will be tough off the dribble in the quarter court as well. With so many skilled players I would love to see the return of the backdoor play to UConn. Can't wait until first practice. Also Evina, get ready for pick up games this summer against some of the greatest players in Association when they return for visits. Those names on the wall in the gym aren't just there for show.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I must say, this is all a bit jarring to me. As soon as she committed to Tennessee, and then through her first year, I trained myself to dislike her. Now I have to untrain myself. A burden I'll gladly accept!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought I had heard (probably from the Boneyard) that her two finalists coming out of high school were Notre Dame and Tennessee, and that it was a last-minute decision between those two. I hadn't heard that there was interest between her and UConn. Does someone have a link to a thread about this?

If the above information is correct, then why didn't Notre Dame factor into her decisions about where to transfer? They are probably more in need of guards than UConn in the next couple of years. I would think that she could expect more minutes at ND than at UConn.

Reaction Score
I thought I had heard (probably from the Boneyard) that her two finalists coming out of high school were Notre Dame and Tennessee, and that it was a last-minute decision between those two. I hadn't heard that there was interest between her and UConn. Does someone have a link to a thread about this?

If the above information is correct, then why didn't Notre Dame factor into her decisions about where to transfer? They are probably more in need of guards than UConn in the next couple of years. I would think that she could expect more minutes at ND than at UConn.
Pure guessing and just think aloud. A person's mindset and understanding when coming out of high school vs playing in college for a couple years is totally different. Also, here perspective and motives in terms of getting to the next level is heightened.

I would guess that playing with Crystal Dangerfield and MW while competing in a FF is more appealing than what ND has now that all 5 starting players have left. Two further thoughts on playing time, (1) when you have her talent and experience you should have enough confidence that you will be getting a lot of PT and (2) playing less minutes but with better players and more meaningful games (going deeper in March) will provide more development for the next level in my opinion.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess which coach was wired for sound and which one wasn't. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member