Everyone's fave Petrino | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone's fave Petrino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn fans looking down on WKU and ULL is especially humorous as both those teams would kick UConn's rear end.

Here's something on which we agree ...

Reaction Score
That's cool. I don't know why soccer guys get so offended when God forbid someone doesn't like the sport.

Not offended. But it's not like soccer gets shoved down your throat like baseball is in the middle of football season. Baseball should learn it's place, end the season earlier so that the media can focus completely on football.

Reaction Score
Not offended. But it's not like soccer gets shoved down your throat like baseball is in the middle of football season. Baseball should learn it's place, end the season earlier so that the media can focus completely on football.

I realize this threadhas been totally highjacked, but whatever, Petrino is a bag of .

I feel like you all are underestimating baseball's draw? Quick trivia for you: What was the average attendance at an MLB game this year (2426 regular season games)??

The answer may surprise you. You could just google it, but I'm curious what people would guess.

Reaction Score
I realize this threadhas been totally highjacked, but whatever, Petrino is a bag of .

I feel like you all are underestimating baseball's draw? Quick trivia for you: What was the average attendance at an MLB game this year (4860 regular season games)??

The answer may surprise you. You could just google it, but I'm curious what people would guess.

Sporting KC outdraws the Royals. Last year there was a pretty good article on how MLS was outdrawing MLB in certain cities. I might google that.

Reaction Score
Sporting KC outdraws the Royals. Last year there was a pretty good article on how MLS was outdrawing MLB in certain cities. I might google that.

They do not outdraw the Royals. It's close, but they don't. Just enjoy the sport without making ridiculous claims of how it's going to bypass baseball in the US. And I'm not a baseball guy either.

Reaction Score
They do not outdraw the Royals. It's close, but they don't. Just enjoy the sport without making ridiculous claims of how it's going to bypass baseball in the US. And I'm not a baseball guy either.

I am not claiming that at all. I am just saying that baseball is waning.

Reaction Score
I am not claiming that at all. I am just saying that baseball is waning.

You are wrong. MLB attendance dropped in the midst of the Steroid outrage era, but has been steadily climbing since. The average attendance at any MLB regular season game this year was 30,514. Which, if you remember the lousy attendance in places like Tampa, Miami, and Cleveland, this is really very respectable.

Honestly, i really enjoy soccer and it definitely is growing in popularity, but there's no reason to bash baseball. Baseball is like the tortoise that wins the race: slow but steady and very profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom