Everyone's fave Petrino | The Boneyard

Everyone's fave Petrino

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has coached an awful game tonight against ULL.

4th and 5 at 35... Punt
Down 10 at 22 in fourth... Doesn't kick FG.

Insanity

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're watching? You really are a degenerate.

Love Tuesday SunBelt and Wednesday MAC games. I happened to bet on this one but would watch anyway.

Reaction Score
Hard not to watch college football. When I watch this on TV and compare it to the replays of our game I watch it just doesn't compute. Our crowds and our atmosphere have never sounded like this. I worry so much if this is how we end up if 5 years from now. Playing in front of 18k, with no energy in the building.

As for the OP, all coaches have bad games. I haven't watched every minute, but I don't think there are any questions concerning's Petrino's ability to coach. Questions about character, yeah. Can he coach an exciting offensive brand of football? Hell yeah. Do I want him at UConn? Not really, but I'd take him over Schiano in a nano second.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well he coached a miserable game tonight.

I'd take the guy but he's not coming here so I wouldn't worry about it.

Reaction Score
Well he coached a miserable game tonight.

I'd take the guy but he's not coming here so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thought I read he was making about 800k, at WKU. You really think he'd be in line to get more than 2mil or so UConn would offer? Or do you simply think UConn would never consider him? I have hard time seeing him get a high profile job. Could see him at a place like Kentucky eventually, but they just hired a coach. WVU, if they get rid of Holgorson would also make sense IMO, but I don't know if anyone would touch him. Seems toxic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thought I read he was making about 800k, at WKU. You really think he'd be in line to get more than 2mil or so UConn would offer? Or do you simply think UConn would never consider him? I have hard time seeing him get a high profile job. Could see him at a place like Kentucky eventually, but they just hired a coach. WVU, if they get rid of Holgorson would also make sense IMO, but I don't know if anyone would touch him. Seems toxic.

He has a huge clawback if he leaves this year and he won't need this in-between job to get someplace better.

But agreed UConn wouldn't hire him anyway, but he'll get a job if he wins at WKU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“@KirkHerbstreit: Fair to say you have issues when you're watching UL Laf and Western Ky on a Tuesday pm.”

Yeah some people like the Sun Belt and MAC. I liked the A-10 and CAA when UConn was involved. Sorry Kirk - we can't all be Ohio State fans and find everything else beneath us.

Of course it's his employer which strong arms conferences into playing on Tuesday. Guess we should all just worry what Johnny Football is doing instead of watching games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn fans looking down on WKU and ULL is especially humorous as both those teams would kick UConn's rear end.

Reaction Score
He has a huge clawback if he leaves this year and he won't need this in-between job to get someplace better.

But agreed UConn wouldn't hire him anyway, but he'll get a job if he wins at WKU.

Western Kentucky gave Petrino a four-year deal with a base annual salary of $850,000. If he terminates the deal at any time, he must re-pay the university $1.2 million in six monthly payments starting the month after he leaves.
Yeah, he isn't going anywhere. That is from an Espn article regarding his hire.

Reaction Score
Yeah some people like the Sun Belt and MAC. I liked the A-10 and CAA when UConn was involved. Sorry Kirk - we can't all be Ohio State fans and find everything else beneath us.

Of course it's his employer which strong arms conferences into playing on Tuesday. Guess we should all just worry what Johnny Football is doing instead of watching games.

College Football > Cards/Dodgers > CONCACAF Soccer

Reaction Score
Evidently there is some baseball series happening, but only people who live in the cities that have teams involved give a damn.

I watched some of the WKU game tonight. Petrino looks tired and haggard. No thanks.

Reaction Score
Evidently there is some baseball series happening, but only people who live in the cities that have teams involved give a damn.

I watched some of the WKU game tonight. Petrino looks tired and haggard. No thanks.

I knew you couldn't go the entire month of October without your dig at baseball.......

Reaction Score
soccer is good if people would give it half a chance - show up to a UConn game, those guys are fun as hell to watch.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................

Reaction Score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................

The turf stays in place. That's gotta be worth the price of admission, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom