Everyone take a breathe.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone take a breathe..

Reaction Score
Take a breath? We should be undefeated. Coaching Regression

1672544537260.gif

Reaction Score
More of Clingan. Lot of good constructive comments on the boneyard.
No reason why DC and AS can't be on the floor at the same time.
Said all along that they have good chemistry.

They've played 3:35 seconds together total. I'm going to need more info on this "chemistry"

Reaction Score
This is the most talented most balanced team we’ve had in years. They will learn from their mistakes come March - we have as good of a shot to win the whole thing as any other top ten team. Appreciate the team..again they will adjust
Thanks for this. I don't usually come here after losses because the usual crazies usually get crazy and that drives me crazy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not gonna win many games thinking they are the golden state warriors shooting 40 threes. You have 2 of the best big in America. Go inside out.

They tried to get the ball inside to Sanogo almost every possession, Xavier packed their defense in and denied him the ball.

Honestly we were fine offensively until the last 2 minutes when we just started forcing 3s. Just have to play better D and most games we'll get a better whistle.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I like the two of them together, but I came here to respond to this:

Tristan ritually (and often ill-advisedly) refused to go directly to the basket and therefore did nearly nothing to draw fouls, and thereby failed to presumably sink well above 80% of his free throws. That was brutal.

Before the games started, this was trumpeted as his most elite skill. We've seen it. Multiple times.

I did not witness his coaches or teammates telling him to go the basket and get to the line. His 0-0 performance is not to be ignored. He has had 3 such games against P6 competition.

It's a rare instance that the concept of "free throw defense" is not just a cleverness describing a low percentage of free throws made. Just as teams have dared Andre Jackson to attempt 3-point shots, and he has had to respond, I dare Tristen Newton to attempt 5 basket-attacking shots per game. Fortunately or not, I have no say in it happening.
I posted on another thread a few days ago that our guards (Tristan and Hawk particularly) have been getting hammered to the floor when they drive in the lane. I think we have to return the favor if that be the case even if it means a three point play. This can be like when a pitcher keeps hitting batters. There sometimes needs to be some payback. We have 10 fouls between AS and DC and there is always Richie Springs on the bench for some more fouls. I am wondering if our guards are getting gun shy. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reaction Score
I'm not upset by the loss itself per se as I never expected us to survive the season unscathed. I'm still on the fence as to what I'm more irritated by: the numerous self inflicted wounds or the ridiculous disparity in what was and what was not acceptable contact in the eyes of the officials.

Hopefully this will help us in the long run.
This is my exact feeling. That is what infuriates me. From the players to the coach this game is a perfect example of a team beating itself.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This is the most talented most balanced team we’ve had in years. They will learn from their mistakes come March - we have as good of a shot to win the whole thing as any other top ten team. Appreciate the team..again they will adjust
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by The Voice

Reaction Score
There’s the Bill’s Mafia and then the Boneyard. It’s what we do.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's many on here who are freaking out over a loss on the road to probably the 2nd best team in the conference. At least I hope it's not many.

Just need to learn from the loss and move on. Lots of times you learn more from a loss than a win.

And remember, no team has won the national championship with 1 loss or 0 losses since 1976 Indiana. That's the ultimate goal. Let's see how they respond to the loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom