Everyone please read | The Boneyard

Everyone please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
First off I want all of us here to understand that I like everyone here and enjoy that all of us are great uconn fans. I'm not going to single any one out nor does this need to be made a big deal but I need u guys to know what's up and how posting here does carry weight in the recruiting world. I'm just a normal guy on here that loves to rant. Some here like that and others don't, all good to each his own. But when it comes to talking recruiting I watch heavily. I'm no one special in any way but I am a bit plugged in with some local kids. Other kids get wind of it and contact is made from time to time.

I was reading the recruiting thread and noticed a interesting post about one of our recruits via twitter. I didn't think anything of it to be honest. After doing some research on this I found it was a Simple misunderstanding by a poster here. Not a big deal. I have never met or had contact with this recruit until today when he brought it to my attention. It was very classy of him to make contact and explain what the deal was. His convo with his friend was taken the wrong way that's all. I can confirm to u that he's a solid commit btw.

What I'm getting at is this isn't the first time this type of stuff has happened here recruiting wise. I'm not knocking anyone but just want to remind u all about the eyes that lurk here. We have current players and recruits that do lurk here. This is not me bullpooping u, I am serious. We also have a lot of parents that lurk here. Some are great like daddy kash who is a boneyard favorite. As far as recruiting goes you will be surprised how any parents check boards to get a feel for schools and it's fan bases. Just imagine a parent of a recruit visiting this board and seeing how active it is and how positive it is toward uconns Future then going to a bc board and seeing nothing but doom and hate. Anyway a lot of eyes are here that u guys don't know about, especially local recruits and friends and family of commits. I could ryme off 20 recruits names all local that check here along with there parents Please just remember this and take it to account before posting things that may question or challenge a recruit or commits actions towards uconn.

I mean this as no shot at anyone but just as a reminder of our action here when it comes to talking about a recruit or commit. That is all for now.

Reaction Score
Bravo Dan. This has been an issue that has always been part of this website as long as I"ve read it. I think for the most part, it's been handled well by the regular writers around here keeping things under control, and your post here, is another example of it.

Technology has changed our world so fast that it's hard to comprehend, but human beings are still human beings, and all of those kids out there looking at UConn, are exactly that - kids- and none of them, have the age and experience yet, to grow the skins thick enough, and make decisions without first making mistakes.....the ability to process and sort information yet - never mind their parents - parents are always harder to deal with than kids in youth sports, and most of these kids are just turning 18.

When you're in play for something like a scholarship to play football for a division 1-A university, there's a lifestyle that will go along with it, that involves being a public figure, and learning to make good choices, decisions, and process information among many other things, is all part of it. But most of these kids, and especially their parents, are just learning to grow a thick skin when it comes to things like reading criticism, especially unsolicited, anonymous criticism, or to reading things about themselves, or their kids, that may be simply false.

They also themselves, all need to learn about how posting things on facebook, twitter, message boards, etc.....is something they all need to be careful about too.

UConn is a secular institution, but I'm a Catholic, and I'm going to exercise my right of free speech...and just convey the core principle that's the common denominator of everything it means to be Christian.

Do unto others as you would have done to you.

Reaction Score
Dan u do a fantasic job on this board. I agree 110% with your post. Keep up the great work and more importantly, your passion for all things UCONN.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dan u do a fantasic job on this board. I agree 110% with your post. Keep up the great work and more importantly, your passion for all things UCONN.
Seconded!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Seconded!

Thirded! A simple Google search of the school pulls up a Boneyard post on the first or second page almost every time. If a recruit sees a thread with their name in it and it contains less-than-nice things to say about him, I can guarantee that it will go into his evaluation of choosing UConn as his school of choice. Let's keep everything on the "up and up" everyone. Keep up the great work, HuskyfanDan!

Reaction Score
Great post.

On a slightly other note some recruits and I am getting tired of George C. Any chance you can replace?

Reaction Score
This is the first time that I have seen this thread, and I just want to say that I didn't mean to speak negatively about the program, I was simply expressing my opinion.

Recruits flip in big time college football recruiting, and I think Coach P has us where we are recruiting at a high level and recruiting against big time programs. Guys are going to switch schools. It is very prevalent in CFB recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom