Everyone feeling better? | The Boneyard

Everyone feeling better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The team is looking crisply efficient today. It was bad when we lost Bria (hope she's OK) but Mo and BB have been filling in nicely with some good minutes from CD. Everyone's playing well.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Agree. Team looks good. Just praying this doesn't become "The Season That Bria Wanted To Forget".

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That's it Pap! Find that dark cloud surrounding the silver lining!

(yeah, I know: not supposed to be cranky, but, hey, it has been a nice game, and we all hope that Bria feels better).

I think it's a combination of the Yankee tendancy to anticipate a possible downside, blended with the Connecticut basketball fan (statewide CT, not just UConn), who has a proclivity for eating their own offspring.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
That's it Pap! Find that dark cloud surrounding the silver lining!

(yeah, I know: not supposed to be cranky, but, hey, it has been a nice game, and we all hope that Bria feels better).

I think it's a combination of the Yankee tendancy to anticipate a possible downside, blended with the Connecticut basketball fan (statewide CT, not just UConn), who has a proclivity for eating their own offspring.
Give me a break! Hoping the kid isn't seriously injured going forward for the rest of the season is "finding the dark cloud"?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Give me a break! Hoping the kid isn't seriously injured going forward for the rest of the season is "finding the dark cloud"?
It sounded like you were commenting on the way Bria was playing, not her injuries.

Reaction Score
Yes. Feeling better. Mid-season form suggests a good chance to reach final 4 with a #1 seed. Hopefully nagging injuries will heal by Duke and remain in check through at least Baylor.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It sounded like you were commenting on the way Bria was playing, not her injuries.

I think we have had enough comment about the way Bria is playing -- while enduring a nagging ankle injury. In my view, anybody who criticizes her now (until she is fully recoverd) is just an old poop.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I was NOT criticizing her and I challenge any of you to find another post of mine when I did criticize her. I feel bad for her because she has not been herself this year with the injury.

Whatever... I'm done.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The first half--without Stewie and essentially without Bria--was quite good.

We need to get healthy, however, for the really good teams.

Reaction Score
I think we have had enough comment about the way Bria is playing -- while enduring a nagging ankle injury. In my view, anybody who criticizes her now (until she is fully recoverd) is just an old poop.

Aren't there any young poops on this board?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Old poops and Big Stank, it all works together.

Reaction Score
You know, Nan, it's hard to feel better or worse on the basis of that peformance...in fact, it's hard to take away much of value from a game like that. The unfortunate thing about the women's game today is that there remains only a half dozen teams or so that play at a level against each other from which a true gauge of performance can be measured. Beyond that, the dropoff in talent is still so steep that nothing very meaningful emerges in post-game analysis. Yes, in the first half, our passing was extraordinarily crisp and we looked very efficient against a team that cannot begin to match up with our talent. Much is being made elsewhere on our board about posting Stef lower and the "lessons" we learned from that exercise when Marquette had no physical answer for her presence no matter where she played. And, finally, while Geno correctly, in my opinion, tried to give the Freshmen and underclassmen as many minutes as possible in a laugher, those players looked pretty bad in the final "quarter" of the game, with a near 50 point lead shrinking by 15 or so. I guess, or I hope, the national scene is gradually improving, but I sure wish we played more than four or five truly meaningful games a season, games where we're really pushed and tested.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You know, Nan, it's hard to feel better or worse on the basis of that peformance...in fact, it's hard to take away much of value from a game like that.
For most people, yes, but some were on the ledge after a 1 point loss to ND.

Reaction Score
And, finally, while Geno correctly, in my opinion, tried to give the Freshmen and underclassmen as many minutes as possible in a laugher, those players looked pretty bad in the final "quarter" of the game, with a near 50 point lead shrinking by 15 or so.
And you do realize they weren't pressing or trapping, and they weren't running the ball when they could? They were milking the clock on every possession. The "game" was over with 12 minutes to go in the first half.

Reaction Score
I was NOT criticizing her and I challenge any of you to find another post of mine when I did criticize her. I feel bad for her because she has not been herself this year with the injury.

Whatever... I'm done.

for what it's worth, i thought it was quite clear in your post that you were referring to her injury, and nothing else.

Reaction Score
pap49cba said:

Whatever... I'm done.​
for what it's worth, i thought it was quite clear in your post that you were referring to her injury, and nothing else.

Agreed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think they were hanging ten on that ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom