Everybody knows what Monday Nite Brings | The Boneyard

Everybody knows what Monday Nite Brings

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I wont be able to make. Its tax season and we are very busy but I have no worries its a 9 pm game and I will be home by then.

So how crazy will Gampel be? Unbelievable Crazy. The media press the fans it will be total hysteria. Gotta wonder how many former UConn stars will be at the game. Everybody knows whats going on especially SC. UConns focus tomorrow nite will be intense. This will be a game where UConns execution will shine. Their pin point focus will be at a very high level. SC will have to continually hit outside shots to open the middle something they havent done consistently this season. All the little things UConn does will be magnified in this game. UConn is a step quicker then SC another contributiong factor. Some fans are worrying about UConn getting in foul trouble. UConn really hasnt this season and in a game like this their focus is execution which will be the determining factor. Their focus will rid them of thinking ...gee what should I do. They know what to do. They practice those very things.

Who will step up? Somebody(s) always does because this is a balanced attack. The problem for SC is they need to play everybody one on one. No sluff off anybody or you get burnt. As big as the hype is for this game and it could be a little up and down UConns ability to strike like an angry rattlesnake will be the difference. You guard against it but you never see it coming .

So sit back and relax. History will be made tomorrow nite in front of the entire world.

Reaction Score
And snow..don't forget the snow..big advantage
It looks like Storrs will be getting up to a foot of snow today. It should be sufficiently plowed by tomorrow night so as not to make playing the game impossible. But, when will SC be arriving in CT, or are they already here enjoying some sleigh riding and the beautiful scenery that a nice snowfall brings with it?

Reaction Score
Talking about the weather, Underground Weather reports that Monday wind will be NW 20-30 mph and gust over 40 mph. But it will be rocking inside Gampel, providing the roof does not leak or collapse. There 4 times more of press credentials requests than normal as reported in the Courant. Hoping that TonyC is right again. What's this thing about tax season in February?

Reaction Score
The weather could produce no-shows. Especially the 9:00 start which will make roads treacherous with black ice.

Two years ago, I had tickets for this game and didn't go because of the storm that night. This year, not even trying....

Reaction Score
The weather could produce no-shows. Especially the 9:00 start which will make roads treacherous with black ice.

Two years ago, I had tickets for this game and didn't go because of the storm that night. This year, not even trying...

Hopefully everyone who has tickets but doesn't want to brave the roads will be able to turn in their tickets for use by students. The more students in attendance, the louder we rock.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right, Tony. You have a VERY good track record. It may be my personality, which I thought was usually ebullient and optimistic, but "I have a funny feeling about this." (Han Solo, just before each catastrophe loomed.) Hope I am wrong!

Reaction Score
Great, great post Tony. I think you nailed it, both the intensity of the vibe around the game and the huge challenge USC has. It's not a lock by any means but I like our chances.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right, Tony. You have a VERY good track record. It may be my personality, which I thought was usually ebullient and optimistic, but "I have a funny feeling about this." (Han Solo, just before each catastrophe loomed.) Hope I am wrong!

Having "a very good track record" by betting on UConn's winning is like betting that the sun will come out tomorrow:

Reaction Score
Two years ago on 2/9/15, South Carolina showed up at Gampel in a big snow storm. Now they have to repeat that
trip up here in another snow storm and nice cold weather. Too bad it couldn't be 70 and sunny for them.
If I remember correctly, they were #1 on their last trip here. I believe they left at BDL #2.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of nervous about this game tomorrow only because these girls look tired the last 4or 5 games and have played a brutal non conference schedule that I'm afraid might of took the air out of them. People are worried about us being in foul trouble but if A'ja Wilson or Coates get in foul trouble than this game will get ugly. However the game is in Storrs and will be rocking. The key for this game will be for Uconn to Shoot and make 3s fast breaks points and to be all up in South Carolina Jerseys. That being said they pasted all their test so far against better teams already... I don't see them losing it will be a close win if not a 15 20 point win. Lets Go Uconn

Reaction Score
On the pregame show on wtic1080 yesterday, they said there was just under 500 tickets still available for the game tomorrow. I think the first game FSU vs Texas is going to be the better game tomorrow on big Monday.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE=" But, when will SC be arriving in CT, or are they already here enjoying some sleigh riding and the beautiful scenery that a nice snowfall brings with it?[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if the SC women are already here?
I'm planning on driving down from NH tomorrow. I'd hate to find out Bradley closes down and SC couldn't make it.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE=" But, when will SC be arriving in CT, or are they already here enjoying some sleigh riding and the beautiful scenery that a nice snowfall brings with it?

Does anybody know if the SC women are already here?
I'm planning on driving down from NH tomorrow. I'd hate to find out Bradley closes down and SC couldn't make it.[/QUOTE]

I believe, by contract the visiting team needs to be in town at least 24 hours in advance of the game.

Reaction Score
I really want to be at this game but traveling from the other end of the state in this weather for 9 pm game is a " no can do ". The atmosphere is going to be NUCLEAR ! Ball pressure will be the big key. I'm not sure Wilson and Coates will be able to stay on the floor together that long. I suspect some zone from SC., to test huskies shooting. This will be a very physical game. SC must find a way to either score more, or simply stop huskies from scoring their average.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno built his teams for games like this. No on else has.

Reaction Score
I won't even be able to watch the start of the game, let alone go. My daughter has a 6pm home game. I will be on the highway when the game starts

Reaction Score
I won't even be able to watch the start of the game, let alone go. My daughter has a 6pm home game. I will be on the highway when the game starts
Your bio says your are from CT. :) WTIC 1080 AM will make your ride home and to the television much more enjoyable. :D

Reaction Score
Your bio says your are from CT. :) WTIC 1080 AM will make your ride home and to the television much more enjoyable. :D

Believe me, I will have the station on!! Thank u!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
To borrow from my fave Tonyism of all time, if they try to double on everyone, everyone else will be open! Hobson's choice; if they clog the middle, we have five (5) excellent gunners to make them wish they hadn't. If they try to pressure our guards, Gabby and Phees will kill them inside. As to fouling, Geno and his staff just spent four months teaching them how to play effective d without fouling. I feel optimistic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom