Every team has good stats til they play UConn. | The Boneyard

Every team has good stats til they play UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Every team has good stats til they play UConn then you can throw those stats out the door because against UConn those stats mean nothing.

I hear people say Miss St has height....so did Baylor. I hear Miss St can score with UConn so could ND and IMO....but not against UConns defense. I hear Miss St is quick and can score...yeah and UConn has 5 scorers who start and 5 who shut down defenders and they are all quick ballhandlers.

They bottom line is when you face UConn...when you come face to face with UConn the feeling isnt good. You can talk all about everything youve done, what you can do, and what you wanna do but when you come face to face with UConn reality hits you right in the face. There are no "IF's" when you talk about UConn. The only team that has "IF's" is the team facing UConn because UConn knows they can and in the back of every opponents mind they know they cant.

UConn will not lose unless they beat themselves, barring injuries and foul trouble. This team if youve noticed really hasnt had alot of foul trouble. If that continues and I think it will UConn will not lose for the next 2 years which will bring the win streak to 111 win plus 2 plus 39 plus 39. Thats 191 for those counting. Those of you who know me know what Im thinking.

Reaction Score
Husky Dow is now at a Nelson. 111 - one arm, one eye and one destiny (from the movie Goodbye Mr Chips).
I will wait until the season is over. If it breaks in our favor, I would like to know our chances for a double Nelson (222).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Every team has good stats til they play UConn then you can throw those stats out the door because against UConn those stats mean nothing.

I hear people say Miss St has height....so did Baylor. I hear Miss St can score with UConn so could ND and IMO....but not against UConns defense. I hear Miss St is quick and can score...yeah and UConn has 5 scorers who start and 5 who shut down defenders and they are all quick ballhandlers.

They bottom line is when you face UConn...when you come face to face with UConn the feeling isnt good. You can talk all about everything youve done, what you can do, and what you wanna do but when you come face to face with UConn reality hits you right in the face. There are no "IF's" when you talk about UConn. The only team that has "IF's" is the team facing UConn because UConn knows they can and in the back of every opponents mind they know they cant.

UConn will not lose unless they beat themselves, barring injuries and foul trouble. This team if youve noticed really hasnt had alot of foul trouble. If that continues and I think it will UConn will not lose for the next 2 years which will bring the win streak to 111 win plus 2 plus 39 plus 39. Thats 191 for those counting. Those of you who know me know what Im thinking.

Tonyc, here's another 50 likes!!!! You just said what I've been saying for the last 4 years. Teams that have had success in either or both ens of the court, and overall in general, did not do those things against UConn. Many times the good things a team did was against mid-majors, or unranked teams. NOT against top 5 teams, and certainly not against UConn. UConn's dominance against ALL of the "bad Boys" in WCBB this season proves that point. When UConn defeated Baylor, a team with size, speed and experience that was suppose to take us behind the wood shed, rough us up, and then take our lunch money, but didn't.

I knew right then, this team was special. Not only did we beat them, but beat them by double digits. The same thing with Notre Dame 2 years ago. We came in to the NCAA final game undefeated, who won?? What they did against "other" teams had nothing to do with us. What they did against other teams did not work against us.

Fans outside of UConn Nation really don't understand what's going on here. ND could not stop, control or slow down UConn for 5 minutes. Like iron Mike Tyson said: "Everybody has a plan until they get hit." The one constant thing about this UConn program is we don't buy wolf tickets. :mad:

If you think you can beat us, don't talk us to death, bring it out on the court and show us. UConn women's basketball - Every possession matters.

Reaction Score
I know exactly what you're referring to Tony!

As we say in the investment business you weren't wrong nine years ago, you were early!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree completely with the prior posts. There is also one other element to UConn WBB that I absolutely marvel at. Once they get to the Big Dance, they have another gear to shift into. As well as they play during the regular season, they play even better in the post season.

It happens every year, so it can't be by accident. Geno and his staff have an incredible ability to "Release the Kracken" come tournament time. Every Husky is playing at another level right now, which makes UConn virtually impossible to beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom