Ever run into a Husky? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ever run into a Husky?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Caught Kemba at Saratoga today, He naturally won. The 4th.

1660793874483.png

Reaction Score
Second Beach in Newport (technically Middletown) RI earlier today—I’m 6’1 for reference. Just told him I hate to be that guy, but am a diehard fan and my son and nephews would love a pic. Couldn’t have been more gracious!

Attachments

• IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 217

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Tyler Olander, today, playing tennis.

The pro at the tennis club I worked played some former NBA players when they were in town for the HOF.

He always won, but the matches were fun to watch. Highlight of one match was getting a lob over Rick Barry's head.

Reaction Score
Ran into Mek his freshman year at Bradley. I recognized him and said loudly to my wife, “that’s Ameka Okafore, our new center” his head snapped to us and his smile lit up the entire airport.

Reaction Score
Dude, I knew Scotty from high school. Ran into him at UCONN a few times. Always wit two girls on his arm(s) lol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not for some time, Rashamel Jones and Andre Dixon used to hold basetball and football clinics, respectively, at Sports on 66 in East Hampton before the pandemic and before it was foreclosed upon and sold. I met Ray Allen at the Travelers in the late aughts, and used to see Tate George in the early 2000s at the Manchester Stop & Shop.

Reaction Score
Back in day, the drinking age was 18. So we would see and interact with players at places like the Ratsckeller or Rap's Deli fairly often. I guess Tony Hason was the lead dog but the most impressive was Rodney Bass who could down a pitcher of beer.

Reaction Score
Second Beach in Newport (technically Middletown) RI earlier today—I’m 6’1 for reference. Just told him I hate to be that guy, but am a diehard fan and my son and nephews would love a pic. Couldn’t have been more gracious!
Now I have to question 7’2”, or 6’1”.

Reaction Score
Someone recently posted about meeting Emeka Okafor while on vacation. Has anyone else ever ran into a UConn player outside of a school/basketball setting?

I've seen Ray Allen twice. Once at the old New London mall, but he was there to sign autographs. About 5 years ago, I was in line behind him at a UPS store.

I'm about 99.9% sure I saw Donnell Beverly while waiting on a plane at LAX. I didn't say anything to him, just because it would've been really awkward if turned out he was some other guy. Donnell or not, he had a burger that looked really good.
When I went to the mohegan Sun exhibition game between Uconn and Providence back in Fall 2017, I could be wrong I thought I saw Donyell Marshall standing about 15 feet behind me.

Reaction Score
Someone recently posted about meeting Emeka Okafor while on vacation. Has anyone else ever ran into a UConn player outside of a school/basketball setting?

I've seen Ray Allen twice. Once at the old New London mall, but he was there to sign autographs. About 5 years ago, I was in line behind him at a UPS store.

I'm about 99.9% sure I saw Donnell Beverly while waiting on a plane at LAX. I didn't say anything to him, just because it would've been really awkward if turned out he was some other guy. Donnell or not, he had a burger that looked really good.

Reaction Score
Yes. Literally but in advance, I guess. Played MBIAC ball versus McKay for 3 years, running or being run into often.

Pickup at Sheehan center with both Mike M and Chris Smith. It never went well.

Went to Coach Calhoun's big fundraiser at Mohegan years ago and got the meet n greet with JC and coach Howie D. Chatted with Jim several times over the years as I'd hit as many of his charity events as possible and he made sure to say a few words to every donor that approached him. Always 100%.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom