Even more upsets tonight! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Even more upsets tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep, I do mean Alexis. You really think that McDaniel will beat out Alexis for ROY in the ACC? If the coaches are the ones voting and do so, I would think they need some of Baylorprof's vicodin!!!!

Not sure what Jones you are referring to... perhaps Alexis ?? You did leave out McDaniel of UNC..... ... she will be the ACC Rookie of the Year for sure...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yep, I do mean Alexis. You really think that McDaniel will beat out Alexis for ROY in the ACC? If the coaches are the ones voting and do so, I would think they need some of Baylorprof's vicodin!!!!

Did some research... and McDaniel is averaging almost 13 pts a game, and 7 rebounds a game. Plus she has been the ACC Rookie of the Week 6 times this year... vs Jones only twice. Do I think Jones is a better player and talent... of course :D, but alot of these awards are strictly numbers oriented, and the X-woman wins out in this regard.

Reaction Score
Whoa, I'm quite surprised by those numbers. I guess I have not been following UNC that well.

Do you think the X-woman has contributed as much to UNC as Jones to Duke?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whoa, I'm quite surprised by those numbers. I guess I have not been following UNC that well.

Do you think the X-woman has contributed as much to UNC as Jones to Duke?

As much as I dislike the sissy blue....... If i had a vote I would vote for McDaniel. Up until 2/17.............. McDaniel contributed more.... Since Gray's injury.... A Jones is running the show... and is more valuable. One thing about UNC... is they dont really have any size outside of McDaniel and their Center Rolle. They dont have any capable backups in case of foul trouble to those 2. Plus the X-woman has provided a toughness that the Tarheels have lacked in recent memory... She's gonna be a handful for the next three seasons no doubt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not that its any excuse for their poor effort last night... but Duke had clinched the outright regular season title on Sunday with a huge road victory over Maryland... and this Sunday is Senior Night vs our blood rival UNC.... so some letdown could be expected. Add to that fact that Miami was desperate for another quality win.. and voila... :oops:
The Duke men and women lost regular season games on the same day. Is that a once-every-few-years event?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe I just better stay at home until announcement Monday and play my "what if" games with the voices coming out of the vicodin bottle. You guys are too classy for me to want to alienate.

See you in two weeks.
Please don't feel that you need to leave. This thread has UConn, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Duke fans in it so you never know who you're talking to. Besides, you're only in trouble if Biff, JS or I say so. As far as I'm concerned, you're not in trouble.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
..and, if DoggyDaddy doesn't give you a hard time, then you're really in trouble!:rolleyes:

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I know this is a UCONN board but I wanted to add a little more about Cierra. She is one of the hardest workers I have seen. She is always working on her game. She even broke her hand practicing defense on New Years Eve against a former TN men's player. When Izzy went down last night you could see the tears in Cierra's eyes but she composed herself and told the team they had to play hard for the last two minutes of the game. The comparison to Faris is a good one IMO. They are both everywhere and play their hearts out. Faris is of course the better defender but Cierra has shown a real nose for the ball with rebounding. Love watching both of them give it their all.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Duke men and women lost regular season games on the same day. Is that a once-every-few-years event?

I cant remember when both teams lost on the same day when both were ranked in the top 5. I doubt thats ever happened before. Granted, there arent many days when both teams play. Im sure they have both lost on the same day when either wasnt so highly ranked... but its rare indeed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe I just better stay at home until announcement Monday and play my "what if" games with the voices coming out of the vicodin bottle. You guys are too classy for me to want to alienate.

See you in two weeks.
You aren't alienating anyone. Your points are fair and calmly stated which almost certainly helps in any discussion. If they are overstated in the eyes of some that is part of the nature of discussion boards in both differing points of view and the tendency to overstatement in order to make a point. Thanks for your contributions.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Went to the game today...... and again, I think McDaniel wins the ROY...... she was not impressive at all today.. Think she only scored one basket... grabbed a few rebounds.. and had 4 fouls... 2 per half. She was incredibly frustrated..... complained almost every foul... pouting..... Her father was there in attendance.... and he didnt look too happy either. He definitely been hitting the buffets since his retirement, but still looked a bit intimidating.. Jones was impressive... wow... I remarked to my friend that she reminds me of a female Kenny Anderson when he played at GaTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom