Even More Baylor Allegations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Even More Baylor Allegations

Reaction Score
Let's see if they get hammered faster than UNC. That case is still dragging on.

Reaction Score
You might want to read the Wikipedia page on Notre Dame. I'd think that is a "major university".

Reaction Score
You might want to read the Wikipedia page on Notre Dame. I'd think that is a "major university".
yeah, duh. I got a little carried away and really screwed up. Mea culpa
dunce21.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hang them all by the very appendage that may one day get them in trouble,or at least i certainly hope so.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Oh, c'mon. First, not "most major universities". No state universities have doctrinal origins. What you're naming are Eastern private schools that were formed in the colonial period primarily to train ministers when there was no alternative type of education to do so. But they quickly outgrew that role and also shed their doctrinal identification. No "major university" today that I can think of still self-identifies with a specific church, or, for that matter, with a specific religion. Brandeis is an arguable exception in that it traces and celebrates its recent origins to Judaism, but it is very strongly secular as an institution.

I'm certainly not knocking Baylor for this--please don't get me wrong here, and, even though not a Christian myself, I'm uncomfortable with accusations that this is a root cause of Baylor's transgressions--but what you're saying is just plain wrong. Here are the very first words on the Baylor homepage:
Baylor University is a private Christian university

Please find similar wording on any other "major university" that you named.
While I have been reading this board for many years I have never posted before. My comments that disagree with statements made on this board have been edited by the moderator. It seems that someone is free to say that rape is fine with Christians, but not to defend the maligned group. Therefore I can not reply with any eloquence

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
While I have been reading this board for many years I have never posted before. My comments that disagree with statements made on this board have been edited by the moderator. It seems that someone is free to say that rape is fine with Christians, but not to defend the maligned group. Therefore I can not reply with any eloquence
I strongly agree with your last sentence.

WHAT.jpg

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I do think the 'death penalty' for Baylor football would be appropriate.

I agree, but the consensus of opinion is that the NCAA has made it pretty clear they will not consider using the death penalty ever again, after what happened to the SMU football program as a result. What has happened at Baylor is ten times worse than anything regarding the SMU program, but don't hold your breath hoping the NCAA, a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution, will drop the hammer on them regarding the death penalty.

JS

Reaction Score
My comments that disagree with statements made on this board have been edited by the moderator.
It wasn't your disagreement, which is fine. As the edit says, it was the personal attack, to wit: "I find your comments ridiculous and ignorant."

Please read the rules, posted at the top of the board, both as to personal attacks and as to the use of private messages to discuss moderating decisions.

It seems that someone is free to say that rape is fine with Christians [emphasis supplied], but not to defend the maligned group.
Without looking, one can be confident that you're the one supplying the straw man generalization. Kindly get the chip off your shoulder.

Those at Baylor who turned a blind eye to, or condoned, the behavior in question, while serving at an institution that emphasizes its adherence to Christian principles, seem to some in this thread to be guilty of hypocrisy. See, e.g., the rather drastic solution proposed (seriously or not) a few minutes ago by Icebear, a Christian minister.

Charging hypocrisy by individuals is a far cry from libeling Christians in general, or disparaging or touting any religion for that matter, which isn't allowed on this board. So kindly don't say you are forbidden to defend against defamation that never occurred.

Reaction Score
You know I know there are mitigating factors and various arguments both ways....

but in my gut i just want to see these guys get the DEATH PENALTY..... not only for all the things they did but for the scope of them and the denials and dismissals of the facts

UConnNick

Reaction Score
You know I know there are mitigating factors and various arguments both ways....

but in my gut i just want to see these guys get the DEATH PENALTY..... not only for all the things they did but for the scope of them and the denials and dismissals of the facts

You may want it, but unfortunately, you're not going to get it.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It wasn't your disagreement, which is fine. As the edit says, it was the personal attack, to wit: "I find your comments ridiculous and ignorant."

Please read the rules, posted at the top of the board, both as to personal attacks and as to the use of private messages to discuss moderating decisions.

Without looking, one can be confident that you're the one supplying the straw man generalization. Kindly get the chip off your shoulder.

Those at Baylor who turned a blind eye to, or condoned, the behavior in question, while serving at an institution that emphasizes its adherence to Christian principles, seem to some in this thread to be guilty of hypocrisy. See, e.g., the rather drastic solution proposed (seriously or not) a few minutes ago by Icebear, a Christian minister.

Charging hypocrisy by individuals is a far cry from libeling Christians in general, or disparaging or touting any religion for that matter, which isn't allowed on this board. So kindly don't say you are forbidden to defend against defamation that never occurred.
I understand about the personal attack issue and apologize to you. Nothing like that will happen again

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I' m going to "pile on" and say that the death penalty might be appropriate. Not that I expect it.

That said, it is relatively unfair to lump everyone at Baylor into one pot. Articles at the time of their previous scandal very clearly indicated a "win at all costs" clique among their fans that very clearly had the upper hand. But I'm beginning to think that so many folks were somehow on-board that something needs to happen.

While I am a Christian (of a liberal denomination) I am the first one to recognize that there is lots of hypocrisy out there. Likewise that the extremists among conservative Christianity have some antiquated / outdated views. That said, I do find it difficult to believe that the majority of folks at Baylor actually condone rape. Twist scripture as needed, maybe, but it is hard to reconcile being religious (never mind Christian) and justifying rape.

Reaction Score
You may want it, but unfortunately, you're not going to get it.
Fully understood...... another on my crap list is the esteemed academic institution.... that state University of North Carolina.... Vince Carter was not the first to expose them, but he did so very publicly .....what...... 15 years ago..... nothing was done..... now the last 3 to 4 years..... fake grades.... no show up classes.... others doing papers for you......

NCAA a paper tiger.... but they can go after the UConn mens program for academic score..... I am so glad Napier exposed NCAA in celebration that night in Dallas

Reaction Score
there's a big difference between hazing and rape, and having pre-meditated Kavanaughed as a traditional "bonding" experience for a sports team.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as that applies to the value schools give to big-time football. Coaches and administrators give in or are forced to accept a deal with the devil and the NCAA. It means that their football teams are more important in the context of monies spent, boosters appeased, alumni gratified, and reputations glorified and will have to deal with the excesses this phenomenon has to produce. Are undergraduate women enlisted to help create a "welcoming" aura to the recruiting visits of high-school seniors? Are academic requirements lessened to help maintain a player's eligibility? Are fraternities allowed to bend alcohol rules in order to keep their alumni happy and financially viable? Baylor, Colorado, Texas A&M may represent the most egregious examples of the tail wagging the dog, but all schools with competitive football teams run the risk of putting students at risk of sexual assault. Football players are not alone among the perpetrators, and the absence of strict alcohol rules opens the door to predators who are responsible for the majority of the complaints, but thinking that you are somehow "above the law" or a part of a hazing heritage doesn't help protect the vulnerable.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will do nothing, as in the case with Penn St, they made an attempt to do something. When the threat of a lawsuit came up, they eliminated the sanctions, and caved in on punishing them. They will say it isn't in their wheelhouse.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will do nothing, as in the case with Penn St, they made an attempt to do something. When the threat of a lawsuit came up, they eliminated the sanctions, and caved in on punishing them. They will say it isn't in their wheelhouse.
The problem with the Penn State case is they were taking action over a criminal case that really didn't have anything to do with athletics or student athletes simply because they wanted to look good and appear to be taking the moral high road for once. Now because of their failure in that case I fear that they will be gun shy to do anything in areas that are most certainly within their purview.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Fully understood. another on my crap list is the esteemed academic institution.... that state University of North Carolina.... Vince Carter was not the first to expose them, but he did so very publicly .....what. 15 years ago..... nothing was done..... now the last 3 to 4 years..... fake grades.... no show up classes.... others doing papers for you.

NCAA a paper tiger.... but they can go after the UConn mens program for academic score..... I am so glad Napier exposed NCAA in celebration that night in Dallas

Napier became my all time favorite UConn player that night, which is saying an awful lot. We were there to witness his post game remarks live. I'll also never forget how Mark Emmert was sort of ignored and then had to slink away off the podium like nobody wanted to have anything to do with him.

Reaction Score
This is a very sad story. Not only for Baylor itself, but especially for all of the victims and the remaining students who have done nothing wrong. But, as I posted in an earlier thread, it is my belief that this whole situation goes back to the eighties when a male basketball player was murdered by a teammate. Instead of being truthful and taking both the moral and legal actions, some of the same administrators who are linked to this long and disturbing actions of their athletes, chose not only to cover it up, but attempted to deceive law enforcement in their investigation. Neither law enforcement or any other governing body took any actions against them or the university, so they did the same thing again. Their lack of action caused many, many more victims that should not have had to have their lives shattered in such a terrible way. Someone asked who else needs to be fired, anyone and I mean anyone who had any knowledge or inkling that this was occurring and didn't have the courage to come forward. Remember in the murder case, an assistant coach taped all of the cover up conversations made by their head basketball coach. To this day, this coach denies he did anything wrong and is coaching at another university and the assistant coach, he can't find a job in coaching. Think of the message this is sending to anyone else who wants to do the "right" thing. By the way Bags27 great post.

Reaction Score
It does not happen on all campus's.......SORRY.........I am sure you might be able to find additional schools that this happens, but don't group all schools into the Baylor mess......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom