Even if we make the tourney... | The Boneyard

Even if we make the tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Does anyone honestly think this team is going anywhere? I'm not normally a pessimist, but seriously, there's no way this team is making the second weekend.

The team is so disjointed offensively. We don't have a go-to guy. We don't have a calming presence. Our only reliable offensive threat in Miller isn't getting the ball from the guards and he can't stay on the floor because of foul issues.

And our defense, which was so solid in the middle of the year, somehow managed to regress once we got back an elite shotblocker in Brimah.

I'm really befuddled by this team. There's a lot of talent across the board. So based on poor performancex, there's a lot of blame to go around.

A lot of the blame has to fall on KO... I still can't believe he thought it was a good idea to put in SCJr tonight with our only lead of the game. He's made a lot of puzzling line up decisions in games this year. In my opinion, his poor lineup decisions have stunted the team's growth. With so many new pieces and lack of chemistry, he needed to develop some sort of roster continuity early in the year if this team was going to have any chance of reaching its potential. Instead, we've seen some puzzling lineups and multiple variations of starting line ups. As a result, no one on the team could find their niche and there was a lot of role confusions.

On the other hand, you can't blame KO for the turnovers, missed layups, dry spells on offense, and regressing defense with the return of Brimah (somehow).

I really hope Miller, Gibbs, and Purvis get a shot at the tournament, but I don't see this team making it out of the first weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nope. Like 2 weeks ago I was like oh maybe if this team gets it together we can make some noise. But now, God no. If we make the tourney, I would be completely shellshocked if we make it to 2nd weekend. I've finally come to terms that this team is really bad. Very talented, but really bad.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
We definitely do not pass the eye test anymore if that counts...

Reaction Score
This is reminiscent to JC losing one of his teams were we lost to USF on the road bad and then St. John's I think in the first round of the big east tournament. Team just gave up.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if they won a game.

Reaction Score
The Tourney invite in hand was lost tonight. Even in a competitive loss with a UCF win would have carried us through. With what was on the line, how you can have a team so I'll-prepared to compete is beyond understanding.

Reaction Score
The only Tourney we can discuss right now is the Conference Tourney.

Reaction Score
Very possible this team will not win another game this year. Even this group should be able to take UCF, but that's not a given.

I blame the USF game. It seemed to have convinced them that they're something they are clearly not - a great team that can win by just showing up and tossing up 3s and alley oops.

Reaction Score
I don't care what Lunardi thinks, the American has been consistently screwed and I expect it to get screwed again. A win tonight would have sewn it up, a close loss would possibly put us on the bubble, a blowout would be catastrophic. This team has too many flaws, no point, no inside game, no ability to get to the line, turnovers, fall in love with 3's and most importantly no heart. They need to find some swagger and get back in this. Beat UCF and make a run, but I have my doubts that these guys can string together some wins, the one thing that they have been good at is inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom