Evaldi signing was huge | The Boneyard

Evaldi signing was huge

Reaction Score
3 starting pitchers on the DL. Maybe time to give Barnes a start after a rest in place of Pomeranz. Not liking our rotation against the Yankees especially with the bats quieting down.

Reaction Score
3 starting pitchers on the DL. Maybe time to give Barnes a start after a rest in place of Pomeranz. Not liking our rotation against the Yankees especially with the bats quieting down.

Don't agree on starting Barnes. He has been solid out of the pen and they will need him for at least 3 games.
This series promises to be interesting.
Game 1: CC Sabathia vs Brian Johnson. CC has dominated the Sox lately but Brian Johnson has been solid in almost all of his starts. Newcomers Pearce and Kinsler have hit well against CC. The Yankees will be without Judge and Sanchez. Could go either way.
Game 2: Luis Severino vs. Rick Porcello. Severino has been awful lately but still is the top winner in the AL. Rick Porcello has been up and down with more ups than downs. Could go either way.
Game 3: JA Happ vs. Nathan Eovaldi. The battle of the two newcomers. The Yankees may have an edge given their familiarity with their former teammate.
Game 4: Masahiro Tanaka vs. David Price. Tanaka has 17+ straight scoreless innings and is on a roll. David Price usually falls apart against the Yankees. I'd give the Yankees a solid edge in this one.
The Yankees really need to make up some ground here so the pressure is on them. I don't expect either team to sweep the other but the Yankees need to win 3 or it will be considered a positive series for the Sox. I predict the Yankees win 3 out of four.
PS I am almost always wrong.

Reaction Score
Eovaldi was such an enigma when he pitched in New York. His has no-hitter stuff, but has never seemed to be able to exhibit the type of consistency that you're looking for. Somewhat similar to AJ Burnett in that respect, without the wildness. He seemed to be putting it together in NY before he got injured. Always seemed like a stand up guy.

Reaction Score
Is Happ actually pitching Saturday?
Edit
Answer is no. He’s on the DL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If this guy wins today, I just might crack a smile.

Reaction Score
I would have been happy with a split with the Sox maintaining a 5.5 game lead. Now I want it all. Sweep em'.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If this guy wins today, I just might crack a smile.

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom