EuroBasket 2021 | The Boneyard

EuroBasket 2021

Reaction Score
Played in June with the top 6 teams staying in contention for the world championship in Australia in 2022:
aUHujENvDESZU0cQ0rO9_w.png

Gabby is trying out for the French national team for the first time:
France

In theory, she and Bria should be allowed to play for them at the same time since it appears that Gabby got all of her paperwork done at a young enough age.

Presumably Croatia will want Nika to try out for their team too, but it will be tough to fight for spots against players who participated in the qualifying games.

It is unclear whether Kiah will be wanted by Turkey as they were using Quanitra Hollingsworth in qualifying.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tiffany vs Gabby, in the finals... I think

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Which country is Tiffany?

Does Karlie still play for GRB? Cant Lou?
Karlie played for GB earlier this year bit they didnt qualify.
Lou plays for USA basketball on the 3x 3 team. I dont think she could have played for GB, in the qualifier, and be on Team USA.
I didnt know Tif was on any foreign team, or Gabby either.

Reaction Score
Karlie played for GB earlier this year bit they didnt qualify.
Lou plays for USA basketball on the 3x 3 team. I dont think she could have played for GB, in the qualifier, and be on Team USA.
I didnt know Tif was on any foreign team, or Gabby either.
Tiffany has an Azerbaijani passport. She has had the passport at least six years.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Quite an accomplishment for Perfumerias Avenida - Lou, Tiffany, Karlie - to make it to the Euroleague Finals. They will play Stewies team on Sunday, which is essentially a WNBA all star team.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Tiffany has an Azerbaijani passport. She has had the passport at least six years.
How does an Azerbajani passport get Tif on one of the teams in Eurobasket? I thought it was a separate country and I dont think they are listed in the above teams playing. Is it through Russia?

Reaction Score
How does an Azerbajani passport get Tif on one of the teams in Eurobasket? I thought it was a separate country and I dont think they are listed in the above teams playing. Is it through Russia?
it doesn't

Reaction Score
She can't. That poster may have confused the Eurobasket competition in a couple of months with the Euroleague (club teams) finals that ongoing now.

Reaction Score
Sopron (Gabby and Megans team) plays Fenerbahce(Stokes team) early Sunday morning for 3rd and 4th place.
Can you post the Youtube channel that Gabby/Megan's game is on? I assume it's the same channel as the Finals at noon EDT.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Championship game----Lou should be jumping center with Griner

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I believe the start times are 8am EDT for the 3rd place game and 12 noon EDT for the Championship game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Gabby does not appear to be playing today. She is on bench with mask on, while all other players are dressed, with no mask.

Reaction Score
Glad commentary is in English, although as a resident of Turkey for two years in Peace Corps I am a bit amused at the mispronunciation of Istanbul. It is Estan-bull, not Is-Stan-Bull.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For me the highlight of today's Sopron/Fenerbahce game was Megan Walker defending Euroleague MVP Iagupova. Held her to just 11 points and 1 rebound, vs her season average of 21.5 / 7.
Watching todays game, I dont think either team wanted to play this game. Fenerbahce got up to a 18 point first half lead then often went thru the motions and allowed Sopron to get back in the game, trail by 1.

I watched several games this year for Sopron, and Megan has played well in all of the games I have seen, in only her second Pro season.

Reaction Score
Back to this competition, Turkey has named Kiah to their extended squad:
Türkiye Basketbol Federasyonu (tbf.org.tr)

Again, there are some political machinations for these team selections so the people who decided may or may not favor Quanitra Hollingsworth over her for non-basketball reasons.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

Thank you, Google translate.

I don`t know if this was a difficult decision for Nika or not. I suspect it was, representing Croatia in international play seems like a big deal.

However, I like the decision.

Advantages:

1. Get some coursework done, allows for a lighter course load during the season.

2. Access to top of the line facilities.

3. Work on specific aspects of her game. I have an idea what they might be, but I`m sure she does also and her list actually matters.

4. Connect with new teammates and new coach.

5. Develop on court chemistry. Note that with Paige recovering, the scrimmages are going to be pretty thin at point guard as it is.

Reaction Score
Looks like a " win. . win" choice for NIKA!. Unfortunately not
realistic to do both. I would think that E. Westbrook may have
been inside Nika's head, i.e. " unfinished business!!! Listen
to the MOMA!! BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK TO CROATIA
IN THE CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Z.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads