EURO Cup, Copa America, and Wold Cup Qualifiers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EURO Cup, Copa America, and Wold Cup Qualifiers

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Great goal by the Czech’s

As a huge West Ham fan, I’m following our guys in Euros so I’m hoping the Czechs do well. Heck of a cross by Coufal on that goal

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Brave header by Finland. Goal called off due to offsides by an arm

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Set my DVR to catch my team, Ze Germans, but I foolishly already saw the score vs France. Group F is ridiculous with Germany, France and Portugal.

Reaction Score
Set my DVR to catch my team, Ze Germans, but I foolishly already saw the score vs France. Group F is ridiculous with Germany, France and Portugal.
Don’t know how that worked out. France looked a bit underwhelming, as did Portugal who was my pick to win. Belgium and Italy look the best thus far IMO.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Group of Death

Reaction Score
Don’t know how that worked out. France looked a bit underwhelming, as did Portugal who was my pick to win. Belgium and Italy look the best thus far IMO.
I thought Turkey had some dark horse potential but Italy just tore them apart in the second half. They might not have the flashy names like past good Italian teams but they definitely look the part of contenders.

Reaction Score
I thought Turkey had some dark horse potential but Italy just tore them apart in the second half. They might not have the flashy names like past good Italian teams but they definitely look the part of contenders.
The midfield is very solid. Barella is a star in the making and Jorginho has been great for club and country recently. Verratti can’t even get in the team. And Insigne, Immobile and Berardi are a good trio up top

Reaction Score
I've always loved Bale. He's still so good, but then again he's only 31. Feels like he's 40.

Edit Lol then he drew and shanked a penalty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guy gets absolutely blasted by a shot to his nuts and the Turkey guys are like get up, get up. Like they would be getting up that fast after that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Didn't Portugal win 3-0? I didn't see the France - Germany match yet, but while the Germans have been very off form and need to integrate new players, they are always somewhat formidable. The GK alone ensures that.

England and France were the betting odds leaders at the start 5-1. Belgium next at 6-1. Italy was evidently a bargain at 9-1.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Garbage call against Italy to take the goal off. Great team goal by Italy immediately after

Reaction Score
Didn't Portugal win 3-0? I didn't see the France - Germany match yet, but while the Germans have been very off form and need to integrate new players, they are always somewhat formidable. The GK alone ensures that.

England and France were the betting odds leaders at the start 5-1. Belgium next at 6-1. Italy was evidently a bargain at 9-1.
Yes they won 3-0 but all goals in the 85th + I believe. Ronaldo was pretty much invisible until he got his goals, which I know is weird to say since he got a brace but he still didn’t play that well. I think they just lines up wrong from the start, they went with 2 holding mids against a team they knew would just sit deep the whole game hoping for a draw. Sanches should’ve started.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’m having so much fun watching this Italian team. I don’t remember an Italian team play with this much speed and skill, both defensively and offensively

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
This a new Azzurri that we have never seen before. Really exciting to watch with their creativity and speed. The defense is still solid, but midfield and up front are all team players who might not have that name recognition yet.

Easily the most impressive team thus far in the tourny. Hopefully they can stay this sharp in the knockout stages. No choking like in 2016.

Reaction Score
Locatelli and Barella are definitely future stars, if they aren’t already. Combine that with the calming and tactical presence of Jorginho right next to them, and it’s a formidable three. Verratti who? I kid, of course; he’ll certainly help make them even better, if he’s healthy.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Let's not forget the new Gianluigi racking up the clean sheets.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Kicking myself for not going with my gut and taking Immobile to be the top scorer at +1600. They’re rolling right now for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom