Euro 2020(1) | The Boneyard

Euro 2020(1)

Reaction Score
Kicks off today. France is the rightful favorite.

Last chance saloon for Belgium's golden generation

Can Spain avoid 'Rona?

Does CR7 still have it?

Does England have any creative players outside Grealish?

My pick is Portugal

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kicks off today. France is the rightful favorite.

Last chance saloon for Belgium's golden generation

Can Spain avoid 'Rona?

Does CR7 still have it?

Does England have any creative players outside Grealish?

My pick is Portugal
I hope Portugal doesn't win. But they have a much better team than 2016. A lot more attacking options.

I'm going to put my money on France. They are just soooo deep.

I'd like to see England put it together and do well.

The Group of Death ( a real one this time) is going to be fun. France, Portugal, Germany, (and whipping boy - Hungary).

Reaction Score
Imagine Germany being the weaker link in a group of death. But here we are

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to this tournament. I really think it's funny that they are still calling it Euro 2020.

I'm following Wales and hoping they can recreate some of the magic from the last Euros.

Also will love to see the little team from North Macedonia pull off a win!

Overall, just excited to watch a big tournament with a good atmosphere that has been absent since the pandemic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Belgium. I've always liked their coach.

Reaction Score
Just awful scene at the Denmark Finland game. Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field and there are efforts to resuscitate him ongoing. Reminds me of Fabrice Muamba. Just absolutely heartbreaking and can only hope the medical professionals can help him. Game has been suspended.

Reaction Score
He's awake in the hospital. Scariest moment I've seen in sports

Reaction Score
Portugal's 3rd goal was class.
Looking like them and France advancing from that group at the moment

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Truly an amazing response from everyone involved. The doctors all said "He was gone" and then they were able to bring him back with one defib. I had read that one of his teammates started CPR, but I haven't seen it since the day after, so maybe it's been revised? I did read that his teammate pulled his tongue out so he wouldn't choke on it. Regardless, it is truly amazing and I'm happy to see he is doing well.

I'm really disappointed that the team had to play later that day but UEFA had to do them....

Reaction Score

Truly an amazing response from everyone involved. The doctors all said "He was gone" and then they were able to bring him back with one defib. I had read that one of his teammates started CPR, but I haven't seen it since the day after, so maybe it's been revised? I did read that his teammate pulled his tongue out so he wouldn't choke on it. Regardless, it is truly amazing and I'm happy to see he is doing well.

I'm really disappointed that the team had to play later that day but UEFA had to do them....
UEFA apparently gave them 3 choices, play later, play next morning or forfeit. Not sure playing the next day early would’ve been too much better.

Reaction Score
England. No individual creators again. Their scorers in club ball are surrounded by dynamic playmakers from France, Portugal, Spain & South America

Reaction Score
The most egregious call so far? Poland got absolutely shafted by a clear offside on Spain's Morata's goal. BOTH announcers stated that VAR would overturn the goal, yet it was upheld despite clear video evidence that he was offside.
Who was the VAR official? Helen Keller?

Reaction Score
The most egregious call so far? Poland got absolutely shafted by a clear offside on Spain's Morata's goal. BOTH announcers stated that VAR would overturn the goal, yet it was upheld despite clear video evidence that he was offside.
Who was the VAR official? Helen Keller?
Defenders foot kept him onside. Looked obviously offside at first glance but replay shows he was just on

Reaction Score
No way. His arm was offside. While I don't like the rule that ANY part of the offensive player can be offside, that IS the rule, and must be so enforced. The foot placement is irrelevant. Changing the rule is up to FIFA, NOT an individual referee or VAR official.

Reaction Score
No way. His arm was offside. While I don't like the rule that ANY part of the offensive player can be offside, that IS the rule, and must be so enforced. The foot placement is irrelevant. Changing the rule is up to FIFA, NOT an individual referee or VAR official.
Arm cannot be offside. Its body, head or feet.

Reaction Score
I misspoke. You are correct that the arm cannot be offside. However, the shoulder (considered part of the body) can be, and in my opinion, was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom