2020 Recruiting: - Etienne considering reclass | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Etienne considering reclass

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Smaller than Javonte I believe but much more mobile. Think Josh Boone.
He’s also one of the best screen defenders in the country. Very important for the defense we run.

Reaction Score
1582860471762.gif

Reaction Score
Soooo, would this mean no Bruner/other grad transfer 4?

If 2 scholarships open up I don’t think the staff would use both on bigs. I do think because of Akok’s injury a stretch 4 is more pressing. You don’t pass on Etienne, though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

If 2 scholarships open up I don’t think the staff would use both on bigs. I do think because of Akok’s injury a stretch 4 is more pressing. You don’t pass on Etienne, though.
I don't think anyone can answer this question at the moment. We'd need 2 scholarships, with only 1 likely to be open that we're aware of.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t like Bruner. He plays too stiff, he’s not as good of a shooter as people give him credit for.

Reaction Score
I’m probably in the minority but I don’t like Bruner. He plays too stiff, he’s not as good of a shooter as people give him credit for.

He had a nice block rate while also having a low foul rate, and he cleans the glass. All winning stats. Definitely not a sniper; he was at 32% this year. If he was able to get that up to 34/35%, he'd be a genuine threat that defenses would have to guard and that spacing wold be huge, especially if we were playing him next to another big like Whaley or say Etienne.

I'd much rather have that package than certain alternatives.

Reaction Score

You are not watching if you think Bruner isn't a fantastic player. He averaged 11/12/3 and 2 blocks. 42% from deep 46% from the field vs high major competition this season. That's no joke.

He'd be the best rebounder and far and away the best frontcourt passer on our team this year.

It's not about giving credit. He's shot 33% from deep on 4 attempts per game. That's better than any frontcourt.player we have and around our team average. Only Boul and Polley shot better. AG and CV are right around 33% too. The season is almost over. Ball don't lie. If it goes in you're a shooter.

Yale is a darn could team this year. Currently we have 0 power forward recruits on the radar--we desperately need a tall shotblocking big that is comfortable on the perimeter. Etienne, Sanogo, Cliff, or Santos aren't filling that role as good as they are.

Bruner and Swain are the absolute leaders of that team. He is a professional in his practice habits. We would be lucky to have him. As well as the 50 other d1 programs that are going to give him a call this April

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can answer this question at the moment. We'd need 2 scholarships, with only 1 likely to be open that we're aware of.

Apparently people want AG back now, so no current scholarships open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom