Essentially, We Beat Cincy In Every Phase of The Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Essentially, We Beat Cincy In Every Phase of The Game

Reaction Score
Rewatching the first 10 minutes.

Wow--rewinding the horrible calls. It was 17-15. Facey's #2 touch foul, #3 absolutely nothing wrong, Adams' #2 which was nothing at all, and Brimah preventing their guy from getting position, one arm against the guys back, the other arm denying him (not near a foul). Couldn't really see Jalen's #3 but it looked like a 50/50 ball that was just as much his right. Might have gotten body going up for it near baseline.

These were 5 calls in a row against UConn, unbroken, not a single call against Cincy in that span.

17-15 became a halftime 12 point deficit.
I'm glad you reviewed this up close because from the 200 section all we could do was wonder. Never in all my attendance of hoop ever heard a crowd go as crazy (rightfully) on refs. BTW, my 7 year old grandson heard a lot of stuff he shouldn't have the whole second half. I couldn't blame them but I had to explain how some fans handle their "disappointments" after St. Patrick's Day Parade imbibing.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm glad you reviewed this up close because from the 200 section all we could do was wonder. Never in all my attendance of hoop ever heard a crowd go as crazy (rightfully) on refs. BTW, my 7 year old grandson heard a lot of stuff he shouldn't have the whole second half. I couldn't blame them but I had to explain how some fans handle their "disappointments" after St. Patrick's Day Parade imbibing.

If you'd been watching at my house, you'd have heard things a 80 year old shouldn't be hearing.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I love you guys but we played 3 games this season and UConn never had the lead at any point of any of the games.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I love you guys but we played 3 games this season and UConn never had the lead at any point of any of the games.
Not saying we would've won, or the outcome differently but c'mon those refs were trash last night. The worst officiated game I've ever witnessed in person including high school and travel. It was basically 8 on 5, I enjoyed watching SMU win live in person today. Still my favorite Cincy fan but let's be real here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Like your posts but this point was/is pointless
Sorry Kobe

Reaction Score

Cincy had 5 field goals in the second half. Last time we had this many fouls, we played 6 overtimes. Let that sink in for a minute. That same crew that called 56 fouls last nightcalled 27 today. Frankly, it's amazing you didn't win by 30.

Cronin has you guys in classic march form. Without 40 from the stripe, you got run off the court today. Wake or K state is going to send you home and you know it.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Today Cincy committed 25 fouls--or 9 more than they averaged all year. UConn committed 46 fouls--an astounding 29 more than they averaged all year.

Where are you getting your stats? I'm looking at a box score that says 24 fouls by Cincy, and 32 by UConn. That's still a ton, but I don't know if UConn even had enough players to commit 46 fouls.

pj

Reaction Score
Where are you getting your stats? I'm looking at a box score that says 24 fouls by Cincy, and 32 by UConn. That's still a ton, but I don't know if UConn even had enough players to commit 46 fouls.

Cincy shot 46 free throws. He confused the numbers.

Reaction Score
Yes BUT ... in the other games we were really outplayed. In this game we played better but the REFs handed Cincy the advantage and wouldn't let us play the physical game that Cincy ALWAYS plays and they chalk up to great defense. There is a reason that these games are always called "rock fights" going back to Big East days. Our guys have routinely been pushed around by more physical Cincy teams but many times won by playing better offense. In this game we knew we had to match them physically and we came to play and didn't back down. The refs decided our physical defense needed to be whistled every trip down in the paint for Cincy and just handed them the game. My worst call of the game due to the absolute predictability of what the refs were trying to accomplish was the foul after playing great defense for 29 seconds of the shot clock and they call a foul on the inbounds. I'm not sure if that was the one where Facey fouled out but it was a crucial play and one of many where the refs pulled the rug out. I was at the Gampel game with Cincy and felt that we got beat by a better team that PLAYED better. Not last night. We played better and should have won if the fouls were called correctly and they were not given the advantage. It took me all night and most of today to be even tempered enough to post about this game. All I wanted was for us both to be able to play the same type of game and have the better performing team win. That didn't happen. Kobe, you're a good poster and very reasonable but this game was a travesty. I believe that Cincy played about as well tonight against SMU but without the refs calling every contact a foul on CINCY or SMU. You both got to play and the team that played better on offense won. That's what would have happened last night too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom