Essentially, We Beat Cincy In Every Phase of The Game | The Boneyard

Essentially, We Beat Cincy In Every Phase of The Game

Reaction Score
The most frustratingly incredible thing to contemplate about this game is that we beat or matched Cincy in every phase. We made 4 more field goals (22-18). We tied in 3pt shots (7 each). We out-rebounded them (36-35). We even (virtually) matched them in free throw percentage (80%-82%). Why we lost is they made 38 of 46 attempts. We made 20 of 25 attempts.
Now consider this. Before today's game here's how many fouls both teams committed all year:
UConn 538 in 32 games=17/game
Cincy 506 in 32 games=16/game
Today Cincy committed 25 fouls--or 9 more than they averaged all year. UConn committed 46 fouls--an astounding 29 more than they averaged all year. That's the most fouls committed by any team in any game this year. I leave it to others to determine whether we actually committed all the fouls that were called.
It's also not insignificant to point out that Cincy made so many free throws. Even with the large number of fouls called against us, had they struggled in that hostile crowd environment and were only average (67%), we could/would likely have won. They were extremely clutch at the line. Kudos to them for that.

Reaction Score
That's is in Ollie's hands. He let the refs screw us.

Reaction Score
Who knew Nostical wins translated to basketball? We didn't outplay Cinci. We didn't deserve to win. We did have the opportunity to pull this off denied by the officiating but these are different things.
Heres where the problem is, we dont know who deserved to win because the zebras hijacked the game

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Every tine the whistle blew it was automatic the lead was going up by 2.

Reaction Score
It was just a nonsense game by the refs. If you want to blame anyone other than them or say anyone deserved it more etc., or even played better, it is just that. Nonsense.

Reaction Score
"That's is in Ollie's hands."

I showed Ignore Content to get to read that one. Thanks for making my day.

I don't disagree with the content of this post, but it seems like 2/3 of your posts are commenting on people you have on Ignore. Surely you have more to contribute than that.

Reaction Score
The most frustratingly incredible thing to contemplate about this game is that we beat or matched Cincy in every phase. We made 4 more field goals (22-18). We tied in 3pt shots (7 each). We out-rebounded them (36-35). We even (virtually) matched them in free throw percentage (80%-82%). Why we lost is they made 38 of 46 attempts. We made 20 of 25 attempts.
Now consider this. Before today's game here's how many fouls both teams committed all year:
Today Cincy committed 25 fouls--or 9 more than they averaged all year. UConn committed 46 fouls--an astounding 29 more than they averaged all year. That's the most fouls committed by any team in any game this year. I leave it to others to determine whether we actually committed all the fouls that were called.
It's also not insignificant to point out that Cincy made so many free throws. Even with the large number of fouls called against us, had they struggled in that hostile crowd environment and were only average (67%), we could/would likely have won. They were extremely clutch at the line. Kudos to them for that.

I haven't seen the box score but no way UConn got called for 46 fouls. Would need 10 players to get almost five fouls for that math to work out...

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the box score but no way UConn got called for 46 fouls. Would need 10 players to get almost five fouls for that math to work out...
They took 46 free throws

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It wasn't just a Nostical win. It was a win.

A lot of times that people say the refs robbed the game, they really mean that it would have been a coin flip if called correctly. Well, I stand by my assertion that if called correctly, we win. Period.

Reaction Score
If the kids were given a fair chance, the outcome was up for grabs. They never got a chance to create momentum and the refs took our top players off the floor very early. It was a real injustice to these guys. They fought through ridiculous obstacles to keep it close and each time the refs took it away. They were gritty and should be proud ...

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Great points!

Reaction Score
Rewatching the first 10 minutes.

Wow--rewinding the horrible calls. It was 17-15. Facey's #2 touch foul, #3 absolutely nothing wrong, Adams' #2 which was nothing at all, and Brimah preventing their guy from getting position, one arm against the guys back, the other arm denying him (not near a foul). Couldn't really see Jalen's #3 but it looked like a 50/50 ball that was just as much his right. Might have gotten body going up for it near baseline.

These were 5 calls in a row against UConn, unbroken, not a single call against Cincy in that span.

17-15 became a halftime 12 point deficit.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It should've been in the AAC's best interest to have UCONN get to the final. Now they can have have the empty XL Center in a televised championship game. That's going to do a lot for this sucky conference. It might've been a good idea for the conference to have told the refs to let the teams play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom